Modern Events Calendar Hides Recurring Events

Whenever I make an event in the Modern Events Calendar plugin that is one-time, it will be visible for the duration of the event, as expected. I have the setting on to hide past events, so once the event is over, it is hidden. This is not the case for recurring events, though, and I cannot figure out why. With recurring events, the minute the event starts, it is hidden, which has caused massive confusion. Is there a setting I’m missing? Why is it behaving like this?

Thank you!

Hi @JSBENSON

Could you please double check that “Hide Events” is set “On Events End” as in this screenshot:

Thanks.

Hi Alaa,
Yes, my settings are as in your screenshot there. Are there any other settings I can look for?

Hello There,

This is the only setting the needs to be set.
Could you please give us access to your site so that we can investigate?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RueNel,

I’ll attach a login for you all in a secure note.

Thanks!

Hi @JSBENSON,

I’m not really sure about the issue, a recurring event is a repeating event so it’s normal to be displayed. Would you mind providing a guide on how to reproduce this issue? I was thinking, the event ends and starts again since it’s recurring. Maye I know which event is this?

Thanks!

@Rad,

I want them to be displayed, that is the issue. Once the recurring event starts it is hidden, where it should not hide until after its end date and time, as in the settings.

You can reproduce the issue by making a recurring event (Title it “Private Event” so that it blends in, as this is a live site), and refreshing the page after its start time, but before its end time.

Hi @JSBENSON

So, I’ve created a recurring event on your website with these settings:

as you can see the event started on the first of August, and it’s displaying fine on your main events page:

I’ve set the event as “Draft” now, so it’s not listed, please let me know what I’m missing here to reproduce this issue.

Thanks.

@Alaa,

I fixed it! It was a time zone issue. Thank you!

Glad you sorted things out, and thank you for sharing the solution.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.