Modern Event Calendar single event displays blog header

Hello,
I got the Modern Event Calendar plugin up and running for the most part. The only issue that I have is that all the single calendar events display the blog title (which is news). The /events page is not effected, only /events/event name posts are effected. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

I checked my website and that is not the case. The Title is whatever I add as the Event title. I couldn’t find the correct URL which you are talking about Would you please give us the URL/User/Pass of your website and a sample URL of teh single event post in a Secure Note to follow up?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you go to ME Calendar > Settings and make sure that the Archive title option at the very top is not news. Also, please go to Settings > Permalinks and make sure that the settings there are correct and click on Save button there to purge the route cache.

Thank you.

Thank you for your help. I checked to settings and everything looks good. I just sent you a secure note so that your staff can look at it. Thank you again!

Hi,

You have two options

1. You can remove it by adding the code below in Theme Options > CSS
.single-mec-events .x-header-landmark {
    display:none;
}
  1. If you would like to change it, create file _landmark-header.php in
    wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\renew
    and copy the code below into that file.
<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/_LANDMARK-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Handles content output of large headers for key pages such as the blog or
// search results.
// =============================================================================

$disable_page_title = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_entry_disable_page_title', true );
$breadcrumbs        = x_get_option( 'x_breadcrumb_display' );
?>

<?php if ( ! x_is_blank( 1 ) && ! x_is_blank( 2 ) && ! x_is_blank( 4 ) && ! x_is_blank( 5 ) ) : ?>
  <?php if ( is_page() && $disable_page_title == 'on' ) : ?>

<?php else : ?>

<header class="x-header-landmark">
      <div class="x-container max width">
        <div class="x-landmark-breadcrumbs-wrap">
          <div class="x-landmark">

<?php if ( x_is_shop() || x_is_product() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_renew_shop_title' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( x_is_bbpress() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo get_the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( x_is_buddypress() ) : ?>
            <?php if ( x_buddypress_is_component_with_landmark_header() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_buddypress_get_the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php endif; ?>
          <?php elseif ( is_page() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark entry-title"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_home() || is_single() ) : ?>
            <?php if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_parent_portfolio_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_singular('mec-events') ) : ?>
                        <h1 class="h-landmark"><span>Events</span></h1>
            <?php else : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_renew_blog_title' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php endif; ?>
          <?php elseif ( is_search() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Search Results', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_category() || x_is_portfolio_category() || x_is_product_category() ) : ?>

<?php

$meta  = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
            $title = ( $meta['archive-title'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title'] : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title; ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_tag() || x_is_portfolio_tag() || x_is_product_tag() ) : ?>

<?php

$meta  = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
            $title = ( $meta['archive-title'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title'] : __( 'Tag Archive', '__x__' );

?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_404() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Oops!', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_year() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Year', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_month() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Month', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( is_day() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php _e( 'Post Archive by Day', '__x__' ); ?></span></h1>

<?php elseif ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>

<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php if ( $breadcrumbs == '1' ) : ?>
            <?php if ( ! is_front_page() && ! x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
              <div class="x-breadcrumbs-wrap">
                <?php x_breadcrumbs(); ?>
              </div>
            <?php endif; ?>
          <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
            <div class="x-breadcrumbs-wrap">
              <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
            </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

</div>
      </div>
    </header>

<?php endif; ?>
<?php endif; ?>

Change this line <h1 class="h-landmark"><span>Events</span></h1> with the text that you like.

Hope that helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.