Modern event calendar shortcodes, problem with dropdown menus

Hi.
I’ve had problem with the shortcodes on modern event calendar, when I want to modify a shortcode there’s a real problem with drop down menus. Nothin appears on the drop down.
I’ve tested it with one of my site and the problem only happens with sites using the themeco pro version, when using the X version there’s no problem.
Any advice ?
Regards

Hello @patjoller,

Thanks for writing in!

I am using the latest Pro theme. I could not replicate the issue on my end.

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 3.0.2
  • Modern Events Calendar 4.7.1

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

HI. Thanks for your answer.
I did all the updates (themes, plugins etc…)
MY concern is that you say pro theme’s latest version is 3.0.2 and I currently have 3.0.4.
I tried to go back using the X theme but the problem is the same now on both themes.

Hi @patjoller,

It is indeed Pro 3.0.4. Above is just a typo error.

I can’t duplicate the issue you were having using same version:

At this point, let’s do a basic troubleshooting.You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If it is not a cause by any other plugin, please try reinstalling MEC. Let’s just see if it’s not corrupted.

If any of that did not work, please share site URL and credentials inside a secure note:

i was having the same issue. i toggled a few plugins and found that ACF Pro is the conflicting culprit.

i have an ACF license… so i tried deactivating/deleting the one that was installed, and installing the ACF Pro that’s included with Pro. neither one works :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello @splaquet,

Thanks for writing in!

Please create a new ticket as posting on a ticket created by a different user causes lot of confusion which slows down the response time even if the ticket is similar. For a faster response time without creating confusion, please create a new ticket and someone from support team will assist you further.

Thanks for understanding.

i wasn’t trying to hijack @patjoller’s thread. i was simply trying to say that i had the same issue and i found a way to (at least temporarily) work around it.

if i was looking for a solution to fix the ME Calendar & ACF issue, i would have started a new thread. i didn’t see ACF mentioned anywhere in this thread, so i thought i’d throw out my .02.

my apologies for acting out of line, @Prasant

Hey @Splaquet,

Thanks for chiming in. It nice to know that you have the same issue and figured out a way to resolve it.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.