Modern Event Calendar event creation problem

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked and can see the the visual tab is not working though I can’t replicate this issue on my test sites.

Can you try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

As I said in my OP, I have checked already for a plugin conflict, cleared cache, updated plugin and theme to current ones.

Hello There,

Please re install MEC plugin and also update the theme to version 6.1.6 which is available in automatic updates now.

Please temporarily disable WP Rocket and test your site again.

Thanks for the reply. I have updated to the newest theme version and have reinstalled MEC. I disabled WP Rocket and it had no effect. The problem is also happening when I try and make the same changes using firefox instead of chrome

Hi @hypnorich,

I did notice this issue on first load in firefox, but it suddenly works in a couple of seconds. Looks like in firefox, it’s slower when loading the resources. But it still loads and I’m able to select visual and text, even add content.

Could you try it again, maybe it will work on your end this time. Else, please try another device with firefox.

Thanks!

Having the same issue. I’ve been writing my posts in a new post window in another tab and transferring them over. I already complained about MEC twice this week so I was giving you guys a break. It appears that I am not the only person. I will try in Firefox as well but a professional plugin should not have this many issues.

1 Like

Having the same issue in Firefox. Also the add media button does not work. You have to go down to the featured image and a weird menu comes up but it allows you to insert an image into the post from there

Hi @istandard,

I appreciate you chiming in on this case and I totally understand that you experience somewhat the same problem. I want to clear 2 important points:

1. The MEC is a 3rd plugin that we added as the 3rd party plugins which are bundled with our theme. We do support the problems of the plugin, but please if we find a bug we are not the ones that can fix, we will report the case back to the original developers of the plugin and they will follow up. That is why there will be no guarantee about the fix or the ETA as it will be dependant on a 3rd party developers.
  2. Please open up a separate thread and give us detailed information of the problem you are experiencing with screenshots and your website login information so that we can test the case. You will need to use the Secure Note to give the information but you should do it in the post that you will create, do not use the Secure Note here as it is visible to the original poster.

Finally, I want you to do the tests below and give the result in the new post that you will create:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Thank you for your understanding.

The problem has now gone. As far as I am aware I did nothing to change the issue as I haven’t touched my pc over the weekend through my frustration with the problem. Thanks for your suggestions with regard to finding a solution.

You’re welcome, Richard. Something could have happened in your PC automatically like cache cleaning or updates that fixed the issue.

OK, so things did improve and worked fine but now they don’t again. I have changed nothing since this morning, there have been no updates, no clearing caches or anything.
I have the same issue, unable to edit permalinks, unable to switch between visual and text page builder options. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. I’m on the brink of ditching MEC completely. I like the look of the thing but the inability to get direct support is frustrating

I’ve been experiencing the same feeling. It’s such a beautiful plugin but its absolutely a mess under the hood. Christian I have done all you asked. I do that whenever I have an issue with a plugin. I cleared all my caches. Purged from my server. Disabled all my plugins.

1 Like

Hi @hypnorich,

I confirm the issue as of this moment, and it’s also happening in chrome. There are 4 errors and counting just navigating the Add New in admin.

The error is because javascript is not loading completely affecting the functionality of the editor, and I could only reproduce this issue on your site. It’s not happening on my installation.

This is a bit random on your site, perhaps something is blocking the requests making the loading incomplete? But the one that I have my eye on right now is the Rocket Loader and CloudFlare. Would you mind providing your CF login credentials?

For the meantime, please turn off your CF Rocket loader, and the WP Rocket loader plugin in your site. Then disable your CF’s JS and CSS minification, and last, purge your CF caches. With rocket loader, javascripts will not load in their proper order.

@istandard, maybe we’ll need to check your site too. Would you mind providing just the URL, I’ll check if there are active rocket loader and CF.

Thanks!

I use Breeze with Cloudways. www.istandardproducers.com

Hi @istandard,

Looks like different in your case, there are no caches but there are 98 errors coming from CDN served files. Would you mind creating a new thread about this and provide your login credentials in a secure note? You may link this thread as well for easy comparison.

Thanks!

Will do @Rad

Thanks @istandard

1 Like

Here are my CF details…

Hi @hypnorich

I’ve enabled “Development Mode” -temporarily- on Cloudflare and this didn’t resolve this issue. The JS errors are still being reported in the browser console.

What I suggest is to add this line:
define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
to wp-config.php file before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Also, I wonder if you did the plugin conflict test? disabling all other installed plugins and recheck this issue, if everything went alright, then re-enable them one by one till you find the culprit.

If none of these helped, then please provide us with FTP login access in a Secure Note reply.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.