Modern Event Calendar Cuts off Rest of Page

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue with MEC. When I create a shortcode and set a limit to how many will display, it ends the page at that section, and doesn’t show the other sections below it.

I’ve messed around a bit and when I don’t set a limit, the rest of the page displays as normal. When I do set a limit, it cuts it off. I don’t want my page showing basically every event, so If you can let me know what I need to do to fix this, I’d appreciate it!

Jon

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out.

It seems to be happening if your limit is just about 4 and below, I tried it with 6 and it works okay. Could you try adding more event items? I tried it on my installation and it’s not happening.

Cheers!

I can try that, but should I open a ticket with MEC? Seems like I should be able to set any limit I want and still have the rest of the page load. I don’t want to fill my home page with a bunch of events if possible!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Sure, you could open a new ticket with MEC if you bought MEC license directly from them. All we could do for now is investigate this issue, thought, it works okay on my MEC shortcode which is why I recommend a temporary workaround of adding limit more than 6.

Thanks!

It’s not a rush or anything but I think it should be fixed. Like I said I don’t want to clutter my homepage with a ton of events, and it’s weird that simply limiting to three would have that sort of reaction.

I appreciate it!

Jon

Hi Jon,

It seems it works inside a Classic RAW Content element, can you replace the Content Area element with a Raw Content element?

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers,

1 Like

That worked! Weird that it works with one and not the other, but thanks for the help!

Jon

You’re most welcome Jon.

Guys - this is still an issue!!

We shouldn’t need to manually change elements to a CLASSIC ELEMENT across all our sites that use the Modern Events plugin because of a bug. Come on, guys!

The MEC events plugin is a supported plugin via Themeco Pro/X license purchases. Thus we have PAID for this integration to be seamless and without any issue.

This is potentially impacting entire pages across ALL installations that are fully updated with Pro/X - and its just that devs are unaware.

I’ve had to remove an MEC shortcode from a high traffic landing page because its cutting off the entire rest of the page!

Please investigate and resolve this issue as soon as possible, via communication with the MEC Events plugin team if required.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward this to our web development team for review.

Kindly note that for shortcodes, it is always recommended to use classic element as it is the simplest element and have less chance of having conflicts with third party codes

Thanks

Thanks Paul!

To note - Pages with the MEC shortcode added changes to show as “Edit Event” rather than “Edit Page” under the Pro dropdown in the top wordpress admin bar. If this helps anything.

Sam

FYI also - just tried to add the MEC Event Carousel shortcode via Classic Raw Content in Pro and it renders terribly on Mobile…

There is no left & right padding, so the carousel leaks too wide.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Can you provide us the page where we can see the carousel.

For padding, you need to add it to your carousel container. So if you are using cornerstone, you can add the padding to your section element.

It is most likely you have a custom css codes that overrides the theme layout’s width and container’s padding.

Thanks

Just weighing in also- even having MEC plugin enabled (no shortcodes on page) cuts off all but the first section of my cornerstone layout…

Hello @warm_tape, Sam,

It’s my humble request please create a new thread as usually posting on ticket created by different user causes lot of confusion resulting in slow response time which often is a frustrating experience for customers. Please create a new thread and we will assist you accordingly. You can give reference to this thread for faster response time.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.