Modals Flashing on Site Load

Here’s an interesting issue that’s occurring on my laptop and Pixel 3. See the flash on load?

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gHWo_jm-8OTBoPem-TUWD5zmduTdcupl/view?usp=sharing

I’m seeing all 3 modals on the page flash:

• Search
  • Cart
  • Mobile menu

Only happens when not logged on. First noticed on my phone a couple of days ago. I enabled browser caching recently via expires headers but removing the code from htaccess doesn’t appear to make the site function as normal.

Please advise.

Edit: Confirmed to not be Cloudflare’s Auto Minify under Speed - (had javascript & css enabled, is disabled now)

Hi @justinmking,

Thanks for reaching out.

There are multiple optimizations, each one may have just caching each other which we can’t just rule out that it’s not CF related. Because disabling one may have no effect since another one is probably serving the same cache copy. Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in the secure note for further checking?

But it seems to be okay on my end too.

Thanks!

If anyone is looking for a resolution to this, it looks as though it was Rocket Loader in Cloudflare that was the culprit.

Disable, wait a couple of minutes, and check your site. Worked for me.

1 Like

Glad this is now sorted out.

Thank you sharing what works for you.

Cheers!

Hi,
I was having the same issue. The modal would flash open upon initial load of any page that contained one. We disabled the Cloudflare Rocket loader which fixed the issue. It appears that how it cached the page the modal open tag was one of the early things to load out of order.

As Cloudflare continues to move more and more towards products for smaller builds it would be nice to be able to utilize all their tools such as Rocket Loader if this is something that can be addressed in the theme.

Thank you

Hi @cmelnik,

We certainly appreciate the feedback! This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.