Modal Survey Shortcode Not Displaying

Hi There - I am trying to integrate a survey into a page using a shortcode and it’s not displaying at all or correctly.

This is the page: http://prototype.innovationchapel.com/dreamsaver/

I have integrated the shortcode into a ‘Classic Raw Content’ element and ‘Content Area’ element. It looks like the survey is actually showing up in an accordian higher up in the page whereas it’s integrated at the end of the page after the ‘statbar’ element

When I add the shortcode to a regular non Pro page it works as expected. http://prototype.innovationchapel.com/modal-survey-test/

Any help you can give to solve this would be great!

Thanks

Hello @becjacobs,

Thanks for writing in!

Please use a text element and add the shortcode. And after making the site changes, since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @RueNel

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I tried your suggestion and have turned off WP Cache but the survey is still showing up in the accordion further up in the page. I have had external people who have not loaded it before check as well so it’s not a cache issue.

Thanks
@becjacobs

Hello @becjacobs,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your page and the shortcode? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

OK posting a secure note now

Hi there,

I tried to look for the plugin to replicate the issue but it seems like a paid plugin.

Cornerstone/Pro Builder should be able to handle shortcodes without any problem just like the other shortcodes you used on the page. Is there a chance that you can contact the plugin author about the issue if they require anything specific for the plugin shortcode to work in specific builders.

Thank you.

Hi @Jade

I have been troubleshooting other issues with the plugin creator and have set up a separate page not in Pro where the plugin works as expected.

http://prototype.innovationchapel.com/modal-survey-test/

I could give you my key/code to be able to install if you need.

Thanks
@becjacobs

Hi @becjacobs,

I can confirm the issue and it seems a compatibility issue. May I know how your plugin implements its shortcode? Does it do a search and execute kind of shortcode? Because that’s not gonna work since the builder’s elements are isolated from outside its global $post. Other shortcode works okay since they are implemented based on Wordpress standard.

The one in the accordion works because the shortcode isn’t directly added to it, but on another page.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad

The plugin author has come back with:

I can confirm the plugin follows the WordPress standards, therefore it is return a simple HTML element in the shortcode’s function.
This HTML element’s unique identifier passed to the plugin’s core JavaScript file, that makes some additional changes.

The builder’s elements should work the same way as the core WordPress editor works since it is an improved replacement.
Furthermore, I have to mention that, all plugins and themes on CodeCanyon / Themeforest quality checked and must follow the WordPress developing standards.

If the theme author provides a workaround, that needs to be done in the plugin, please let me know!

Thanks
@becjacobs

Hey @becjacobs,

Thanks for passing the third party developer’s response. Based on that, it could be that the said Javascript file is not loaded in or is conflicting with the builder’s Javascript. The builder is also a Javascript dependent software.

Please contact your plugin author again to check if their script is loaded when you open the builder. If it’s not loaded, the developer can try hooking to the content builder through the hooks posted in this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/check-if-cornerstone-is-loaded/46602/4?u=christian_y

Though the third party plugin and Pro both follows the coding standards, conflict can still happen. This is the reason why the bundled third party plugins in Pro like the Slider Revolution output was disabled.

Regretfully in that case, we could not troubleshoot the conflict. Please see the Third Party Plugins section in our Terms. You will need to contact a third party developer to investigate the conflict in your site.

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for your response. The plugin developer has fixed the conflict now. I appreciate the response from the whole Apex team in identifying where the issue was and how to fix. Much appreciated.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.