Modal Content Area Toggle Broken After 3.x Update

BUG - Not sure if you want to have a look at this or just point the finger at WP Rocket but content area modals do not work after the latest update if “Minify Javascript” is active in WP Rocket. Clicking on a previously-working content modal results in nothing, as if the button is not an active link.

WP Rocket has not had an update so your update broken this functionality. Previously, Minify Javascript worked fine with WP Rocket and content modals.

Hi Greg,

We’re unable to guarantee that any form of caching system or asset minification works properly. While script minification is a useful tool, it’s often unreliable. We generally don’t recommend using it, and I would suggest simply whitelisting the assets included with Pro or X because we ship them pre-minified. It’s redundant to minify them again with another system.

It is the responsibility of any script minification system to take any arbitrary javascript, and minify it without breaking the original code. That’s the whole point of what they are offering with that feature. If you need to use this, I would recommend contacting WP Rocket and ask them to investigate why this is happening.

Yes, I realize you cannot guarantee caching will work properly nor do I expect you to. As a design firm, we follow the best practice of alerting both parties when a conflict arises. Neither party is required to take action but I think it’s important to notify the theme dev when portions of their functionality suddenly cease functioning with the best caching plugin on the market. I’ve alerted WPRocket as well.

Thank you @co50,

And we do appreciate your time for informing us about the case. FYI, we were in contact with the WPRocket cache plugin developers and still need to find out a solution.

But, from our side, we did a few precautions which are reflected in Pro 3.0.3 and X 7.0.3. I suggest that you update the theme to those versions and test the case.

Kindly check our Release Note about the case for more information.

Thank you.

Really cool to hear that you guys worked together to figure it out. Awesome work, and thanks.

Our pleasure.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.