Mobile version takes hours to reflect changes editing site

Hi There. I’m a musician by trade, not a web designer, so please bear with me!

I’m using the X theme. When I make changes/update content to my studio’s website (www.theiceplant.com), the desktop version updates instantaneously, while on a mobile devices, the changes aren’t applied for about 4 hours. However, if I click “request desktop version” from the mobile device, the changes become immediately visible.

What is unusual is that it’s the same website. I don’t, or I should say, I didn’t plan to, have 2 distinct sites. Requesting the desktop version loads an identical version of the site.

Any ideas on how to make the updates apply properly on mobile would be appreciated.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try out following solutions:

1. I checked the website and can see you are using W3 Total Cache plugin. Please try clearing cache and see how it goes.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The changes are reflecting faster now like 45 minutes, but instantaneous like on the computer. Any thoughts?

Hello @theiceplant,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

While I’m at it, I’ve had another issue. I have to disable the X theme in order to upload media. Please advise. I can create a new thread for that if that is more proper.

Hello @theiceplant,

Thanks for updating the thread and sharing the details. Yes, we have received the login details in secure note.

I tried to login and while the credentials are correct I am getting HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server message. Please get in touch with Godaddy support team regarding the same and let us know when the issue is fixed for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I will get in touch with them and follow up here with an update in the next day or so. I’m really looking forward to getting this glitches fixed and running smoothly. I really appreciate your help in helping finally getting this get resolved. -Wayne

Sure, let us know when you have an update from Godaddy support team. :slight_smile:

I’ve encountered a similar situation.

I’ve used a template as a starter. I’ve changed the text and images but not all the changes are seen on the mobile version of the site. It’s been 2 days.

Hi Gabriel,

I’m able to access it now but the username is incorrect. But I checked your site on mobile and I saw the same design and content from desktop. Would you mind providing a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.