Mobile performance issues

The webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred. I keep getting this message on iPhone | Safari. When the pages work, page rendering is slow and often results in blocks of grey where content should be. Cornerstone mobile view is also slow / memory resource issues. Full page Cornerstone works fine.

Hi @robsonfinancial,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you having the issue in iPhone safari only? If that’s the case try these suggestions first:

1. Close all running applications by double pressing the Home button and throwing all applications from the list - just swipe up on all open apps.
  2. Clear your web browser history and website data by opening Settings. Then choose Safari and scroll down to find Clear History and Website Data.
  3. Reset your network settings by entering Settings, and then the General section, choose Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
  4. Restart your mobile device by holding the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider pops up. Drag the slider and wait until it completely shuts down. Start your device again by holding Sleep/Wake button.

Also please follow this article as well https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded-fix/

Let us know how this goes!

It’s a problem with Convert Plus. All versions of the site work perfectly when the plugin is deactivated. And it’s not a conflict with another non X plugin. Re-sizing the browser tiggers the problem and standalone mobile doesn’t work properly. Same experience in Cornerstone when you use mobile view.

Hello @robsonfinancial,

Could you please confirmed that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.5.5
  • Cornerstone 3.5.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

If nothing is helping, please provide us access to your site so that we can check it. You can insert the WP credentials in a secure note in your next reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @robsonfinancial,

It’s due to javascripts running at the same time, it’s just that ConvertPlus contribute to it more and cause performance issue. Disabling smooth scroll works for me, could you try that on your end too?

Thanks!

I’m not seeing any performance improvement at my end. Mobile struggling to render and re-sizing browser causes hang. I could try reinstalling the plugin I guess.

Hi @robsonfinancial,

Yes, please try it without plugins. And may I know how you’re resizing it?

Thanks!

I think there is a bug with ConvertPlus // mobile. Cornerstone hangs whenever mobile view is used. This is replicated on the live site if you shrink the browser window to match mobile width. The site works perfectly without the plugin.

Hi @robsonfinancial ,

Seems like a browser issue, rather than the plugin.
I did some research regarding this and many are experiencing it in safari.
Can you try this solution.

https://blog.pcrisk.com/mac/12282-how-to-fix-a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded

Thanks

I’ve tested the site in Chrome too and the same issues are present. ConvertPlus is degrading mobile site performance. It’s always worked well in the past. Perhaps some of the java I’ve added to the site is causing a conflict.

Hey @robsonfinancial,

Would you mind keeping a backup of your custom codes and temporarily removing them and see if it improves your site’s performance?

If it does, you might have to optimize the code you currently have so that it will not impact your site’s performance.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.