Mobile Navigation broken after update from 4.6.4 to 6.0.2

I have a custom dropdown that appears on the mobile version of my site. I made the update on my staging site http://myown.remotewebaccess.com and it appears to be broken. Everthing else (other than my ongoing issue with the accent line being in the wrong place on pages created with visual composer) appears to be working correctly! I have disabled (and cleared) all caching plugins on the staging site.

My production site is www.meoptometry.com

Thank you!

-MEO

1 Like

Hi there,

The mobile navigation is working ok for me. Perhaps this was a caching issue? I know you cleared the plugin but it may have still been cached in your browser.

With this update we’ve seen a few cases of front end functionality not working due to state versions being served by a cacheing system. This was a major update and changes were made to several javascript functions. If the site is serving new markup but the old scripts (or vice-versa) you could see conflicts like this.

Our update guide has useful information on how to handle these situations: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

The biggest thing is to make sure your browser cache is clear, and to clear any cacheing plugins you may be running.

Just to clarify. The mobile nagivagation is working on the production site, but NOT on the staging site which was updated to the latest edition of X. I have tried this on multiple devices. The hamburger menu does load load and the “contact us” box at the top does not open a drop down menu as it should.

MEO

Hi,

I checked your staging site in mobile and it seems to work fine on my end.

Can you confirm that you have cleared your plugin cache and browser cache and the issue persist.

Thanks

Hmmm, it appears to be working now. Must have been some cache issue despite my clearing.

Thank you!

MEO

Hey MEO,

Yes, cache could persists especially at the server level so sometimes, it might take some time for changes to take effect.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.