Mobile Menu - Top-Level Link Only Opens Submenu

I’ve got an older iPad running IOS 9. I’m using the Collapsed Menu and when I click at top-level menu item link it doesn’t go to that url. It only opens the submenu. I have the Sub Menu Trigger set to Sub Indicator and I’ve also added the following script which seems to help with newer versions of IOS:

$(’.x-off-canvas .x-anchor-menu-item .x-anchor-text’).on(‘touchend click’, function(e) {
var link = $(this).parents(’.x-anchor-menu-item’).attr(‘href’);
window.location.href = link;
});

It looks like the touchend event never fires.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Tekton,

Thank you for writing in but I can not replicate this issue on my end, please clarify how we can replicate this issue. In the meantime, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Remove custom Javascript and see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply.

When I click on the Sub Indicator on some IOS devices (iPhone 6 and X) it’s not opening the Sub Menu. I have set the Sub Indicator as the Sub Menu trigger. Also, it works in landscape mode. It also works on my Android.

https://stjosephcollegeseminary.org/

Can you please take a look?

Thanks.

Hello @TektonMinistries,

Could you please update the code and use touchstart instead?

$('.x-off-canvas .x-anchor-menu-item .x-anchor-text').on('touchstart click', function(e) {
var link = $(this).parents('.x-anchor-menu-item').attr('href');
window.location.href = link;
});

And please make sure that there are no JS errors on the page.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.