Mobile Menu > sub menu items > cant scroll

Hey Theme X Team,

Essentially, the mobile menu has sub-items. In landscape mode, opening the parent menu reveals the sub menus but they go beyond the visible area and you cannot scroll down. So the sub-menu is cut off.

How to fix that?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please add this css to your theme option-> global css and let us know how this goes.

@media (max-width: 979px) { 
.x-nav-wrap.mobile {
  max-height: 100% !important;
  overflow: auto;
}
}

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Hey basanta,

your suggestion eliminates the sub-items.

complete code for me here:

.x-nav-wrap.mobile {
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.95);
  	border-radius: 4px;
   padding:1rem;
   max-height: 100% !important;
   overflow: auto;}
}

Hi again,

The issue you’re having is due to the fixed navbar in mobile devices which is not recommended at all, to fix the issue please add the following code in Theme Options > CSS:

@media screen and (max-width: 979px) {
    .x-navbar-fixed-top, .x-navbar-fixed-left, .x-navbar-fixed-right {
        position: relative !important;
    }
}

Hope this helps!

With your code, the fixed navbar will be gone which means I have to scroll up to the top to navigate to a different page.
Can’t this be fixed without eliminating the fixed top navbar?

Best
Adrian

Looks like everyone with fixed mobile nav menu including me have this issue, It only started after the new updates, it worked fine before. I have the same issue, I opened a new thread though because it might be a bit different then what you are experiencing,

Im keeping an eye on this thread incase they do provide a fix.

Hey @adrian.cares,

Custom development would be required to achieve what you need. Out of the box, X does not stick the Navbar. By design, it prevents this types of situation so this is not a bug therefore there is nothing to fix. What you can do, in case you want to keep the navbar sticky is switch to UberMenu where you can enable menu content scrolling. Or, switch to Pro so you can create an alternative menu for mobile.

@Bark201,

Your situation is different. Please check your thread for the answer.

Thanks.

Well, I guess this is a feature request then. From a usability perspective it’s nuts to scroll all the way up to navigate the site once you’re at the bottom of the page.
And no, it’s not sufficient to use the “go back to the top” button as the natural way of scrolling up should reveal the menu.

Best
Adrian

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback!
We will keep this in mind for future.

Thanks for understanding!

Hi there Team, and members.

I am also having problems with the Hamburger menu as well in mobile few. It used to work, now it is just dead in the water. I don’t know when it stopped working. it was brought to my attention last week. www.blushschoolofmakeup.edu

Hello @apadkins,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I see that on blushschoolofmakeup.edu you are running old version of X Theme 5.2.5. On the other hand you are running latest version of Cornerstone 3.0.4. Please note that both are not compatible with each other. In that regards I suggest you to update X to the latest version. You can refer following tutorial for further instruction. I am also sharing link to changelog.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Please update X Theme to latest version and that should fix the problem. In case you face any issues, please create a separate ticket and share the necessary details in that as it will speed up the response process.

Thanks.

Fantastic. Thanks for the quick update, and support. Super easy.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.