Mobile menu stopped working after upgrade

Hi Roman,

Could you please try testing for plugin conflict by disabling your 3rd party plugins. I see Jetpack, which could be a possible conflict. Also disable any CSS/Javascript minifications that you have enabled for the site.

If your issue resolved, you can then try activating your plugins one by one to see which plugin cause the issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately disabling the plugins did not solve he problem.
It seems to be an issue that happen after the migration.
Also, an additional menu related “bug” that wasn’t there before.

My blogs page should have a solid white top menu (as the rest of the pages) - instead it is transparent until I move the page down. This affect should only happen on my main page.

Please assist.
Roman

Hi there,

I have tried checking your site but it seems to be down at the moment.

Would you mind double checking?

Hi,

The site should now be working.

Roman

Hi Roman,

We are also trying to make a sense why this is happening to you and the mobile menu is expanded by default.

I suggest that you go to X > Settings and scroll down and click on the Clear Style Cache button and check the case.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hi,

Clearing the cache didn’t work.
Credentials attached.

Hi,

I went ahead and fix it by adding this Custom CSS

.x-nav-wrap.mobile {
   display:block;
}

.x-nav-wrap.mobile.collapse {
   display:none;
}

.x-nav-wrap.mobile.collapse.in {
   display:block;
}

body:not(.home) .x-navbar {
   background-color:#fff;
}

body:not(.home) .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li > a {
    color: #848484;
}

Kindly check in your end.

Thanks

Hi,

The solution partialy works.

The mobile menu starts collapsed but doesn’t expand when I click it.

After clicking and hovering it many times, it finally does but than it doesn’t collapse back again.

The native behaviour it had before I upgraded is broken.

Roman.

Hi Roman,

Your mobile menu should work without any CSS hacks. Could you please try re-installing X theme and Cornerstone plugin again and see if that fixes any corrupted or missing files related issues.

Please back up your website completely and update manually the theme to version 6.1 and the Cornerstone to 3.1. You can find the file on your dashboard as it is still not available in the automatic updates.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Same issue here.

1 Like

Hi @kwoodberry,

Is it for the site http://www.sisterparishdesign.com?

I have checked and it seems that your X installation is the latest version but your Cornerstone version is outdated which is still in version 2.0.6 which is causing an incompatibility issue.

Please update your Cornerstone version as well to solve this issue.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that fixed the menu issue, but now the background images in the page settings is not working… Should I open a separate support conversation for that?

Hi @kwoodberry,

Thanks for the update, it’s best if you create a new thread for the other issue you’re having. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic.

Thanks!

Hi @paul.r,

Where did you add the Custom CSS? I couldn’t locate it anywhere, probably missing something…

Also, I’ve updated my theme to the latest X, cleared cache and disable plugins.
Mobile menu still doesn’t collapse correctly.

Regards,
Roman

Hi Roman,

I checked the case and removed the previously suggested CSS code from X > Theme Options > CSS as that code only fixes the symptom of the problem, but we need to find the actual problem as the original X theme is working with no problem in the new version.

I wanted to do a test but I did not take the risk. Please back up your website completely and change the theme from Child Theme to the original theme, my guess is that the problem is generated by that.

Thank you.

Hi,

It seems that some old code in the file _nav-primary.php of my child theme was causing the problem.
Issue solved.

Thanks,
Roman

Glad it’s sorted out. :slight_smile:

Hey,

What was the code you removed?

I’m using a child theme and also have this issue.

Hey @simoncoz,

The common cause of mobile menu not working is version incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. Please ensure they are always up to date. See http://theme.co/changelog.

If that does not help, then there must be something causing this in your site like third party plugins and / or customization like in the case in this thread. It might be different on your end so please open a separate thread and give us WP admin access in a Secure Note.

But before you give us your credentials, please try testing for a plugin and customization conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins and removing your customizations, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin or customization caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.