Mobile Menu Not Working & Unable to Find Suggested Fix

Hi there

The menu works fine on a PC and in responsive mode on a PC, but not on a mobile device. I flagged this up with a developer as I hoped they could sort it out but they have advised that it’s an issue with the theme and that I need to ask you for a fix.

I noticed in another message in the forum, that you advised a user to replace this CSS

ul.x-nav {
display: none;
}

with

.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav {
display: none;

However, I can’t find the the code that needs to be replaced in the CSS and neither can the developer. Is this still the fix and if so, please can you specify the file name and directory it is in so we can find it and fix the issue.

The website is https://thegayweddinggguide.co.uk

With thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, it seems that your site is down. Could you please confirm?

In the meantime, please make sure that you’re fully updated including X theme and plugins. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Thanks!

It is not on the latest theme as when it was updated there were so many errors, I had to hire a developer to sort it out which cost more than £500. The developer advised it would be cheaper to go back to the old theme, which has been done. However the menu isn’t working on mobiles - and he has asked that I source a fix from you.
Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I can see your website and can confirm the issue. As you dont want to update the theme I would like to give you a custom fix.

Please add this below JS to the`Theme Option -> Global JS

jQuery(".x-btn-navbar").click(function(){
    jQuery(".x-nav-wrap.mobile").toggleClass("mob-dis");
});

And this CSS to theme option -> Global CSS

@media (max-width: 979px) {
.mob-dis {
 display: block !important;
}
}

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks - I’ve put the code in as you said, but the menu still doesn’t work…

Hi There,

Can you please send us your login details? so that we can have a look.
Send it in a secure note.

Thanks

I will do that now

Hi there,

It’s because your cornerstone is updated to the latest while the theme remained old. You can either update your theme or delete the updated cornerstone and let your current theme install the compatible version of cornerstone.

Thanks!

I am experiencing what appears to be the same issue but I am running on the current releases of both Cornerstone & the theme here

I have revalidated the install, and still get

on the menu

Hi Fairbanking,

I’ve checked your website and I can see there is a JS error in the browser console when the menu button is triggered on mobile devices, please try the followings:

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If none of these helped, then please open a new support thread with your WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note”.

Note: You must not add “Secure Note” on any thread that belongs to another user, since the “Secure Note” are available to our stuff and the original thread owner.

Thanks.

Hi

I don’t use cornerstone anyway, so have just deleted it, but nothing’s changed. Also, I have no idea how to get the old version of conerstone back. I’ve opened the site in a private browser, and still nothing happens when you click the menu from a mobile phone. Please can this get fixed - so many people use the site from mobile devices and they’re leaving because they can’t navigate around because the menu doesn’t work. Please can this get fixed. Thanks

The theme has now offered me a compatible version of cornerstone, so it’s installed and activated, but the menu still isn’t working. Please tell me how to make the menu work asap

Hi there,

Have you cleared/purged your CF’s cache after deleting it? I checked and the files are served through CF which is from cache. Would you mind providing your CF login credentials as well and I’ll check it too?

Thanks!

Thanks - I did it in a private browser, so that will have had no cache. What is CF? And where will I find CF login details? Thanks

Hi there,

It’s the CloudFlare, there are caches stored on server side and or browsers. Using incognito will not clear the cache stored in server cache.

Perhaps your CF is your hosting feature? You can go to your hosting panel and have it disable or contact them. Just need to make it inactive so we could continue checking as the files that being served are from CF cache.

Thanks!

Ok, it is deactivated. I can’t access internet on any mobile devices now - are you able to check if the site is working on your mobile phone? Thanks

Hi KateLovell,

I’ve checked your website on my android mobile device and I can confirm that the mobile menu is working fine.

Thanks.

Brilliant - thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

I disabled all the none Themeco plugins, problem goes away, I enable the same plugins, problem no longer occurs.
So none of the plugins “caused” a problem, but life is too short, just happy problem gone away, even if the evidence is that a Themeco update did not behave as previously

Happy to close this thread