Mobile menu not working properly after updating

Hi I am having some bug issues with my website after updating wordpress 4.9.5, X theme-6.0.4 and Cornerstone 3.0.4. The mobile menu on the home page doesn’t work when you click on it and then on other pages on mobile the menu won’t close and the drop downs don’t work. When I go to source code it seems to have a lot of errors and I am really not sure what to do. I have tried deactivating all plugins and it still doesn’t work. I was hoping someone could help me out. I also cleared the cache on my devices to check again and I also tried clearing the cache on X> Settings clear style cache and no luck.

I will send the website and login details in a note. Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I checked your site and there are couple of errors that could be breaking the jQuery in your site.

• I see a syntax error in your child theme’s functions.php file, find this line
if (is_page(9204) ) : ?>

This is triggering an error, just remove this part:

if (is_page(9204) ) : 
  • In your homepage, edit your page in Cornerstone and then go to custom JS section and remove the script tags from your script. Please note that <script></script> tags are already included, if you include them again it will trigger an error.

Let us know if the issue remains!

1 Like

Thank you so much! That definitely seemed to fix the menu issue. Another issue I am having is with Wooocommerce, the pagination buttons that are usually on the bottom that let you go to the next page is missing. Here is the URL https://www.flashionstatement.com/shop-2/

I didn’t update the new Woocommerce update because I wasn’t sure if X was caught up? Could that be why it isn’t working correctly? Should I update to 3.3.5? I just don’t want it to break the site. Thanks so much!

Hi There,

The current X compatible WooCommerce version is v3.3.3 as you can see here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

I see there’s an internal server error when accessing your shop page.

Could you please try enabling your WP_DEBUG mode on your wp-config.php file and then re-visit your shop page to see if there’s any error messages.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Could you please provide me a link to download WooCommerce 3.3.3 because I can only update it to the latest version if I update it through the plugin folder?

Thanks so much

Hi there,

You can get it from here (please scroll down to the bottom of the page):

You are terrific I appreciate your quick replies! I updated the Woocommerce version to 3.3.3 which really seemed to help the obvious brokenness of the woocommerce functionality… But I did enable the WP debug and it has given me a LOT of error log information but honestly I have no idea what to do to fix it? Is there some easier way to fix whatever it is saying is depreciated or a template update or something? Is this normal for keeping up with updates that things get broken like this? Here is the link to the test site I set up with the debug so you can see what I mean. Any advice would be greatly appreciated: https://www.flashionstatement.com/1525712497702/?post_type=product

Hi again,

First two are the notices which can be fixed by updating to the latest version see https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-wc_productget_post_data-function-is-deprecated-since-version-3-0-replace/ but for now you can simply hide these notices by going to wp-config.php file and look for define('WP_DEBUG', TRUE); and change it to: define('WP_DEBUG', FALSE);

The last warning I believe is coming through your child theme’s functions.php file, try disabling your child theme and see if this removes the warning, if it does, try removing the faulty code from your child theme.

Hope this helps!

Hi again, I noticed on mobile I am still having the issue of the header staying open and not closing and the drop down items aren’t showing. Could you please check it on mobile and let me know what you think the problem is? I have updated everything to the correct versions and made the changes you had recommended before and I thought it took care of the mobile menu issue but it really hasn’t.

I really appreciate your help!

Hi there,

I have just checked your site on mobile and the mobile menu seems to working fine including the submenu. See screencast below.

Please try to clear your phone browser cache then check the site again.

1 Like

Thank you so much!