Mobile Menu Not Working on my second site

Hi, I just created a basic site with Ethos stack. The mobile menu is there, but when you click on it nothing happens so you can’t navigate to any page. The menu works fine on a computer. Wordpress, Cornerstone and X are all updated. I have checked for plugin conflicts and there are none. I am not using any child themes and haven’t altered any code. It’s all a very basic website.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I checked your site and I see you’re using an outdated version of X with the latest version of Cornerstone. Always make sure to update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions to avoid such errors and potential conflicts. Please update X to the latest version to fix the issue. You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi, you are looking at the wrong site. I have 2.

Hi SpiritStone,

Thanks for the clarification, but that site too has an incompatible version of X and Cornerstone.

Latest X version is 6.2.5 while Cornerstone is 3.2.5. This should match.

You can follow one of the updating methods provided here.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thank you, I had an issue with how my theme was installed. I now have the latest x version 6.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.2.5. The issue is still continuing.

Hi,

I can see some javascripts errors in the console.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you. I was half way through this and when I disabled Woocommerce and activated it again, I got a fatal error on mobile. Site works fine on computer, but not mobile now. Not sure how to fix this now. I have cleared my phone cache and still happening.

Hi SpiritStone,

The site looks fine on my end (desktop and mobile), please clear all your caching feature (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Is there a chance that you have JetPack Mobile Theme enable or alike? If so, try to deactivate it.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Hi SpiritStone,

Thank you for the credentials, these are the errors I get from the site, these affecting not only the mobile, but other features that utilize jquery as well.

It’s coming from WooCommerce but that is a server-side related issue which you need to contact your hosting service provider. The Woocommerce gave a great documentation regarding this which will help you and I suggest that you share that with your hosting service provider:

Thanks,

Thank you, I will contact them and see what they can do.

Thanks for understanding! Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

I have contacted my host and they said everything is fine. I downloaded the plugin instead to fix it as I am unsure of how to do it the other way by renaming files. The plugin still hasn’t fixed my mobile menu issue. I am losing hope this will ever work.

Hello There,

I have investigated the issue and test for a plugin conflict. It turns out that a JS error occurred on the page.

This JS error is the reason why the mobile menu is not working. If you temporarily deactivate Woocommerce and other WooCommerce related plugin, the mobile menu will work. If you want to test it, temporarily deactivate the mentioned plugins so that you will see that it is working.

I would recommend that you update every thing and make sure that there are no JS error generated from any plugin to avoid any issues in your site.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have already done this before and it did not work. I have tried again and as soon as I disable Woocommerce, I get a fatal error on mobile, but the site works on the computer.

Hi SpiritStone,

Upon further investigation, I found what was causing the error. It was that script below, that script seems to have a conflict with WooCommerce. That seems to be the popup mailchimp form.
`

`

That script was added on your homepage, I did go ahead and remove it. Your menu dropdown and mobile should work now. I tested to put the script on the footer but it still throwing the error.

Please contact the MailChimp support on how to integrate this form on a different way (maybe by using a 3rd party plugin)

Ways to Add a Signup Form in WordPress

Thanks,

Thank you so so much. Yes it is all working perfect now. You are wonderful! :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome and glad it’s working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.