Mobile menu is not clickable

Hello,
suddenly my mobile menu is not clickable or the menu is not working in mobile view,
I have polylang plugins and it was working fine 2 days ago, before I updated it, and several other plugins, but now I can’t click the menu on mobile view, I tried roll back the plugins version or downgrade it but still not fixing it.

what could be the problem? thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! This might be a cache issue, try clearing all cache (plugin, browser or Cloudflare’s cache if using) You didn’t provide us the site URL so we couldn’t check the issue, please provide the URL so we can take a look. In the mean time try the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the fast response,
I don’t install any wordpress cache plugin or optimization, all the plugins comes from x theme default plugin except polylang and rollback plugins

Hey @kumpobiz,

Please give us access to your WordPress admin so we could check what’s going on. Right now though, I see that Cornerstone is deactivated or uninstalled. Please update X and update Cornerstone also to the latest version.

Thanks.

Hi, yes I deactivated cornerstone plugin and I just tried to -re-activate it and I got this message: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

HI there,

For the meantime, kindly login through FTP and go to wp-content/plugins then delete the current cornerstone directory that is in there. Once you have deleted it, log back in to the admin section and Cornerstone should be automatically reinstalled. Try checking back and see if it fixes the issue.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing your FTP details as well so that we can check it further.

Thank you.

Hi, I deleted the cornerstone through ftp but when I logged back into the admin, the cornerstone is not installed, should I install it manually?

wait, second time I check it is there, but it still error

I am having the same problem.
The main menu when it converts to the mobile icon will not drop down or open the menu on mobile platforms.
I tried your recommendation. It didn’t work. I saved the cornestone.php file before I deleted it.
I went through my FTP and deleted the directory.
I then visited my home page and saw that the mobile icon has nothing to do with Cornerstone plugin but is related to the X Theme.

I re-uploaded the file cornestone.php file and do not know what to do.

UPDATE: It is the X Theme Javascript code for the mobile icon that is not working because when I uninstalled the X Theme and installed the 2017 WP Theme the mobile icon worked well. It has nothing to do with a conflict due to Cornerstone being active.

GOOD NEWS!!!
I just saw a new UPDATE for X THEME and as soon as I updated it, the issue has been resolved!!!
THANK YOU!!!

Hi there,

If you have updated Cornerstone to the latest version. Kindly also make sure that you have updated X theme as it would cause some issues if you have incompatible version of the theme and Cornerstone.

@mentaly3 glad to hear it’s sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.