Mobile Menu in Full View

Hi, I updated my X Theme and Cornerstone this morning and the Mobile and Tablet menu is now in full view on opening and will not collapse. I have also had a couple of moments when the sub-menu stays in full view after navigating to a new page.

I have updated both X to 6.0.4 (latest as far as I can see) and Cornerstone as well as cleared the cache. Issue only seemed to start this morning. I have also tried using both Safari and Chrome to see if its browser specific but seems to be across the board.

Any ideas?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site assuming you are experiencing the issue in the site that is assigned to your license. Have you log in to CloudFlare and purge your site cache? I can see that WP Rocket is enabled in the site. Please clear the plugin cache as well. And by the way, please make sure that the minified JS and CSS files were regenerated after you have updated to the latest version.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for getting back! Sorry! I forgot, the site I’m having issues with I will link below - I have two licenses across two websites. I do apologise if there’s any issues accessing the website as I did have country blocking in place. I have removed the blocks to help you guys access the site so hopefully you won’t have any problems.

I don’t currently have CloudFlare linked to any websites and haven’t done for over 12 months. I just logged in there to be sure and nothing active or linked to any websites.

I have cleared WP-Rocket’s Cache (pretty much where I started) and no luck. To be honest, I don’t know how to check if the minified JS and CSS were regenerated after the update - never had to do that before. However, I did disable JS and CSS minification and ran a test after clearing the cache again and it made no difference. I also deactivated the WP-Rocket plug-in entirely incase it was causing issue and made no difference.

The issue is appearing on actual devices as well as the XTheme “Customise” device preview so I will attempt to attach screenshots from the Customise screen. Each page loads with the base menu in full view. Even when clicking/touching the menu symbol it does not collapse.

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. I have checked your site and I can confirm that the issues exist. The mobile menu icon is not clickable and that the mobile menu is displaying by default. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Thanks for that - find the details attached

Hi there,

I checked your website and the problem is originating from the Child Theme. You have a customization on your Child Theme that causes the problem.

If you change the theme to the original parent theme you will see that the menu is working with no problem.

Please double check the customization to find out the part of the code causing the issue.

Thank you.

Long Reply coming

Hey @Jamographer,

I’d like to check your site but I’m restricted (see Secure Note). Please disable the restriction.

Thanks.

Wordfence Restrictions have been temporarily lifted - sorry about that. For some reason when I went to unblock the login screen it wouldn’t allow updating unless I deleted the entire rule.

Hi there,

I checked your website and I really don’t know why the Italic font is showing it seems that the whole Theme Options section is corrupt somehow. I think that might be the cause of the import you mentioned that you had.

Please restore the old version of the theme which is working correctly for you and then gets back to us and let us update the theme for you.

VBy the way the Child Theme seems really to be problematic here and if you do not use that and you do not have any customization please delete the Child Theme and install it again.

Thank you.

Hey Chris,

So I have deleted and reinstalled the child theme as instructed and the menu is now working. The corruption with the italic writing is still present and still can’t find a fix for this. I have restored the theme back to the previous version, however the menu was working fine with updated version after the child theme was deleted and reinstalled. As instructed though, I am leaving it on the previous version (5.2.5 was the restored version from mid-February) - I am happy to re-update myself if preferred.

I will attach the json script below in a secure note, see if you can see what has corrupted. After the issue appeared, I went looking for specific < em > lines but couldn’t find any and am not sure what else to look for.

Ok so I have found the issue thanks to Firefox’s Firebug. I have created a temporary fix but would like a better quality long-term solution and need your guidance as to where/how to fix this properly.

After the “Customizer Manager” reinstall, it set the “font-style:italic” for all fonts areas in what comes up as “Inline Style Sheet #1”. How do I go about either permanently fixing/restoring this? I have created a couple of lines in the Custom CSS section of the customiser to fix this but I know this isn’t an ideal long-term solution.

The theme is still running on last months version as it was the last one that worked for me. If you still want to attempt updating the theme on your end and see if it works for you guys that’d be great but I can’t get it to work properly for version 6 - never had an issue like this before.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing and we’ll check on this. But this isn’t a bug since it works perfectly fine on my own installation.

Please also update your X theme, it still on 5.2.5, it will not work well with cornerstone 3.0.4. And there is a WP Rocket loaded which could be affecting the loading order of the scripts. I recommend trying it in clean install staging and compare it.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad - if you see above - I was told by Christopher.Amirian to restore it to the old version and someone on this end would update it to see if they could fix the issue - hence why its old. The original issues only started when updating to 6.0.4. and only reinstalled the older version when other suggestions didn’t work.

After much playing (and fighting), I think I have fixed the problem. I am hoping it is permanently fixed. If the few problems show again I will be in touch.

Thanks guys

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.