Mobile Menu doesn't work on smartphone

Hi, since the new update the mobile menu icon appears on smartphone but does’t do anything when touched. Please help! The url: http://www.faceproject.de/

I have the same Problem whith the Accordion-Element. Mobile or PC - it does’t do anything…
www.steuerpreneure.de

Hi Jurga,

Thanks for writing in!

Look like there is JS error in your site, which may the cause of the issue.
Please follow the steps below for a possible fix.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

@miriamhoch I didn’t find any mobile menu in your site. Can you please confirm on this.
Please open a new ticket with all the details.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply.

This is a business website for my customer and the error is quite a problem, since the website doesn’t work on mobile devices and needs to be fixed latest by monday. Here are few questions:

1. Before starting going through the steps you propose like deactivating all the plugins and maybe causing even more problems or data loss I want to know: Is the X–Shortcodes plugin crucial for the function of mobile menu? X – Shortcodes plugin is deactivated atomatically and if I try to activate it, I receive following message: “X – Shortcodes has been deactivated. This plugin is no longer a requirement of X, and can safely be deleted.”

2. Is it possible to create a separate mobile menu for this site so I can make it work for now until the problem is found? If yes, would you please be so kind to send me the link to documentation of this topic?

Thank you!
Jurga

Hi Jurga,

I checked and the first possible cause of this issue is the cache and minification and the error is coming from a minified file, Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input. I recommend disabling all optimization plugin like cache and minification first and it is the only way we could find the real culprit behind it. Though, it’s more likely just the cached old files.

1. X Shortcodes is a very old plugin (I personally call it the ancient one along with other old versions). It’s replaced by cornerstone and all those shortcodes are now part of the builder. You don’t have to activate it and it’s not related to the error I mentioned above.

2. The result will be still the same if you’re able to create a second menu since the optimization plugins/features are still serving the faulty files or old files. But to answer your question, it’s not possible to have a second mobile menu unless you’re on Pro theme.

Thanks!

Hi,

problem solved! I went to the settings of WP Rocket Plugin and deactivated minification of CSS and Java Script. Mobile Menu works now perfectly on mobile devices. Thanks for your quick help and have a great weekend!

Jurga

You’re most welcome and glad it’s now working :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.