Mobile Menu and Deskop Dropdowns Not Working After Update

Hi All,

Having issues on my sisters website after an update to the theme yesterday.

The mobile menu and the classes dropdown on desktop is no longer working.

Website is https://yogipod.co.uk/

Have any of you had the same issue?

Is there an easy fix to this?

I have my login details in the secure details.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hello There,

I would like to check your Wordpress dashboard but the password is incorrect.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.

3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode:
    https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for your help so far.

I’m out at the moment so cannot try these.

I had tried the plugins and clear style sheet button yesterday and they didn’t clear the issue.

I have changed my password to match what I sent yesterday.

Chris

Hello Chris,

I have logged in and check your site. It seems that there is a plugin conflict which prevents the mobile icon from working. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

So Ive gone through the plugins and it was WooCommerce that was causing the issue.

What is the next step to fix this?

Im having the same issue - Menu doesn’t work when on Mobile.

Likely to be the same issues as I’m running wooCommerce.

Hi @chrisjdavies,

The real cause is the code you added to your Header and Footer Scripts plugin, it causes conflict to Woocommerce cookie script which then causes chain effects to other javascript functionality like the menu, even the events calendar is affected triggering script errors.

Please remove that scripts, and wait for about 1-2 minutes before testing. It doesn’t take effect right away so there must be an internal caching in your host.

@dan7s, It may be different since it could happen anytime and anywhere where javascript is involved. I recommend starting a new thread about this and provide your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

Thanks @Rad,

Will have a play around with the code in the header to see if it can work without the clash.

Now working without it

Chris

Great!
It’s good to know that it is back to normal now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.