Mobile issues - parallax prroblem and issues with Chrome desktop & mobile

Hi there,

I have been reading through the older forums and it would appear that enabling parallax on mobile is not possible, is this still the case or can you shine any new light on the situation - a workaround perhaps.

Also, despite the parallax issue, when viewing the website using Chrome on a mobile, it becomes very jerky to use (is this related to the parallax issue - on safari it works fine though?) and certain background images look like they are scaling up in size at points, it’s almost unusable. On desktop the parallax has at times just stopped working altogether, but seems to be ok after clearing the cache, is this normal? Any advice on this, is it memory issues - too large files etc?
Thanks,

David

Hey David,

The parallax still is disabled in mobile for performance reasons.

The jerky issue is not normal. It sounds like a performance issue in your site. I haven’t experienced that in my test site and other user’s site as well. Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Optimize your images using a plugin like Short Pixel.

Thanks.

Hi there,

We are still having issues with our site when viewing it on a mobile platform on Chrome. The images jerk a little when scrolling down and then backup again, like they are trying to resize to fill the room left by the top bar when it disappears on scroll. Initially we thought this might have been an issue with the viewport height property (height: 100vh) but removing this made no difference. Is there another measure that we could take to perhaps disable some feature of the parallax effect that may be causing a conflict here.

If you could take a look at the site to see first hand what the issue is with Chrome; http://mirror.zendoproducts.com/wp/bonaventura/folio-cornerstone/

Any advice would be appreciated at this point, we were hoping to utilise the parallax effect for mobile but we’d settle for just having a site that smoothly transitions. I’ve tried the suggestions you made last time, none seemed to help there I’m afraid. Is there an easy way to switch the background images for mobile platforms (by this i mean to still be able to upload the background image on the section part of cornerstone - so that the parallax feature can be utilised?) or can I set a background image using css and apply the cornerstone parallax feature another way? That way I could change the background images in css using media queries for mobile. Just wondering if this is the issue there? If you could let me know soon that would be great.

Best regards,
David

Hey David,

I checked your site and see no jerking issue. See https://youtu.be/FJMHvImhu5o. Please clear your browser cache then test again.

Parallax is disabled on mobile and it would require custom development to achieve what you need. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you.

Thank you for your understanding.