Mobile button and social media in footer not working after update

hello themeco,

after the last update from x and cornerstone my mobile button does not seem to work properly and the social media buttons iin the footer also.
and the scroll to top button does not work properly.

please can you help me ??

Hi There,

Please try clearing any caching plugins you have active or the cache provided by your host. We updated FontAwesome with this release. Version 5 required changes to the markup, CSS, and the file location changed. Your site is probably serving the old markup which has references to the previous font location.

If it’s still happening, this could happen if your site has icon markup that you added directly rather than using our icon shortcode. As of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

Please also follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your site and I can see the icons correctly on my end (see screenshot in a secure note) try clearing out your browser’s cache and check the site again.

To fix the Youtube icon, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file:

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_social_global' ) ) :
  function x_social_global() {

$facebook    = x_get_option( 'x_social_facebook' );
    $twitter     = x_get_option( 'x_social_twitter' );
    $google_plus = x_get_option( 'x_social_googleplus' );
    $linkedin    = x_get_option( 'x_social_linkedin' );
    $xing        = x_get_option( 'x_social_xing' );
    $foursquare  = x_get_option( 'x_social_foursquare' );
    $youtube     = x_get_option( 'x_social_youtube' );
    $vimeo       = x_get_option( 'x_social_vimeo' );
    $instagram   = x_get_option( 'x_social_instagram' );
    $pinterest   = x_get_option( 'x_social_pinterest' );
    $dribbble    = x_get_option( 'x_social_dribbble' );
    $flickr      = x_get_option( 'x_social_flickr' );
    $github      = x_get_option( 'x_social_github' );
    $behance     = x_get_option( 'x_social_behance' );
    $tumblr      = x_get_option( 'x_social_tumblr' );
    $whatsapp    = x_get_option( 'x_social_whatsapp' );
    $soundcloud  = x_get_option( 'x_social_soundcloud' );
    $rss         = x_get_option( 'x_social_rss' );

$output = '<div class="x-social-global">';

if ( $facebook )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $facebook    . '" class="facebook" title="Facebook" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-facebook-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf082;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $linkedin )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $linkedin    . '" class="linkedin" title="LinkedIn" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-linkedin-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf08c;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
	  if ( $twitter )     : $output .= '<a href="' . $twitter     . '" class="twitter" title="Twitter" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-twitter-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf081;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $google_plus ) : $output .= '<a href="' . $google_plus . '" class="google-plus" title="Google+" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-google-plus-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf0d4;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $xing )        : $output .= '<a href="' . $xing        . '" class="xing" title="XING" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-xing-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf169;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $foursquare )  : $output .= '<a href="' . $foursquare  . '" class="foursquare" title="Foursquare" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-foursquare" data-x-icon-b="&#xf180;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
	  if ( $youtube )     : $output .= '<a href="' . $youtube     . '" class="youtube" title="YouTube" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-youtube" data-x-icon-b="&#xf167;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $vimeo )       : $output .= '<a href="' . $vimeo       . '" class="vimeo" title="Vimeo" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-vimeo-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf194;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $instagram )   : $output .= '<a href="' . $instagram   . '" class="instagram" title="Instagram" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-instagram" data-x-icon-b="&#xf16d;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $pinterest )   : $output .= '<a href="' . $pinterest   . '" class="pinterest" title="Pinterest" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-pinterest-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf0d3;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $dribbble )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $dribbble    . '" class="dribbble" title="Dribbble" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-dribbble" data-x-icon-b="&#xf17d;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $flickr )      : $output .= '<a href="' . $flickr      . '" class="flickr" title="Flickr" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-flickr" data-x-icon-b="&#xf16e;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $github )      : $output .= '<a href="' . $github      . '" class="github" title="GitHub" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-github-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf092;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $behance )     : $output .= '<a href="' . $behance     . '" class="behance" title="Behance" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-behance-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf1b5;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $tumblr )      : $output .= '<a href="' . $tumblr      . '" class="tumblr" title="Tumblr" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-tumblr-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf174;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $whatsapp )    : $output .= '<a href="' . $whatsapp    . '" class="whatsapp" title="Whatsapp" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-whatsapp" data-x-icon-b="&#xf232;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $soundcloud )  : $output .= '<a href="' . $soundcloud  . '" class="soundcloud" title="SoundCloud" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-soundcloud" data-x-icon-b="&#xf1be;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;
      if ( $rss )         : $output .= '<a href="' . $rss         . '" class="rss" title="RSS" target="_blank"><i class="x-icon-rss-square" data-x-icon-b="&#xf143;" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>'; endif;

$output .= '</div>';

echo $output;

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

Hope this helps!

i did the last update of cornerstone and x and i did see that everthing was ok the mobile button the social media icons and the scroll to top in wordpress. when i delete the browser cache and history and refresh the website everything was broken again. please help me

Hi There @poretto

Could you please try disabling CSS/JavaScript minifications under your caching settings, purge your server cache and re-test this issue again.

If you’re still having this issue, please provide us with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check this issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.