Missing Videos

We recently upgraded an old X theme v4 site to Pro in a testing environment, and a strange thing is happening with some of our various on-page video files in our blog posts.

For instance, if you view this post on our live site it looks fine:

However, if you view it on the new installation the video content bars are not displaying. The links are correct and the video files are present, but they won’t display on page for some reason.

The same problem is happening on a few other posts, and it doesn’t seem to matter what element they’re appearing through. All embedded videos seem to be blocked for some reason:

Could you help me determine why this is happening?

Hello @Nuera,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please update to the latest version?
Our latest versions is Pro theme 2.4.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

If the update does not help, please provide us access to your site. You can create a secure note and insert the credentials there. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Ok, everything has been updated, but it doesn’t seem to have fixed the video problem. I’ll attach login credentials below for you.

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hey @Nuera,

I have logged in and checked every thing. Things are seems to be correct and in place.
Uploading…

This could just be a caching issue. Please go to CloudFlare and logged in to your CloudFlare account. Purge your site cache and then please enable the development mode.

We actually don’t have any caching on this site, and we have the entire subdomain bypassed at Cloudflare. I’ve also checked this problem on multiple systems/browsers and it is occuring on all of them.

For instance, this orange block is supposed to have a video playing inside it:

You’ll also notice that our archive icon is strangely missing in the sidebar o_O

Hello @Nuera,

The icon in your sidebar does not exist. It must be content: "\f040";

.widget_archive .h-widget:before {
    content: "\f303";
    top: -0.045em;
    font-size: 0.925em;
}

For the videos, I could not think of anything that blocks the video aside from your staging server. I even created a test page and when loading this simple page, there are 163 server requests. The video in not one of them. Somehow the server is blocking or not loading the video. When you view the page in smaller screens, the poster image is displayed. This would tell us the the media element or the background video is working with only the video is block or not playing.

Or perhaps this could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.