Missing Sidebar and Visual composer

Hi,

Since updating the X theme and WPbakery, I’ve discovered some features of my website are now missing.

The sidebar is missing on all my pages, includng Info/faq, album covers and Real weddings.

I’ve deactivating WPbakery together with all the other plugins and that makes no difference.

Also Wpbakery isn’t working properly on some of the pages. including http://blog.thefinishingtouch.co.uk/music-ideas/) and behind the scenes

Is there a incompatibility problem between the 2 programs since the updates?

Any ideas how to resolve these problems

Many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry that you’re having that issue. But I can not check the site because it is password protected

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I’m sorry about that, the password is: qwerty

I’ve checked all the plugins and everything seems up to date. I don’t believe I have any cache plugins to purge, but not 100% confident.

Perhaps you can help

May thanks

Ian

Hey Ian,

X is not up to date. Please see our Changelog for the latest version of X and Cornerstone. This could be a version incompatibility issue so please update first.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

That’s weird, because I had a recent congratulations for updating my theme. But it lokos like it was referring to my child theme.
My website works much better now, but wonder why my side bar is still not active.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help

Ian

Hi again,

It looks like on the missing sidebar pages you’re using Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template which doesn’t have the sidebar. Please change it to Default Template via Page Attributes > Template

Let us know how this goes!

Hi Nabeel,

The Page attributes are correct and they all worked only last week. it was after updating x theme and wpbakery they stopped working.

On some pages with a right hand sidebar space, you can see a search tool at the top

http://blog.thefinishingtouch.co.uk/faq/

password: qwerry

Any thoughts?

Ian

Ni Nabeel,

I’m so sorry, I’ve figured it out.

Turns out the Black Studio Tiny widget plugin wasn’t activated, so hence no right hand content.

Many thanks for your help any way

Kind Regards

Ian

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.