Missing Provided Page Templates

Hello
Could you please help me.
The X Theme documentation says that the theme comes with the following templates,
Default Template
Blank Container, Header, Footer
Blank Container, Header, no footer
Blank Container, No Header, footer
Blank Container, No header, no footer
Blank - No Container, header, footer
Blank - No Container, Header, no footer
Blank - No Container, No header, Footer
Blank - No Container, No Header, No Footer
Layout - Content Left, Sidebar right
Layout Fullwidth
Layout Portfolio
Layout - Sidebar Left, content right

I am unable to find them. I have read the Template Manager documentation. I have looked in template manager (I have the starter templates), I have looked in the Theme root directory, etc. I have also checked the support forum for similar questions but have been unable to locate these.

I would appreciate your help
Thank you
Bill

Hello Bill,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

There are two places that you can access page templates i.e inside WordPress post editor and Cornerstone page builder.

• WordPress editor: You can open the page in WordPress editor by clicking on Edit link and under Page Attribute > Template select the template. Here’s a screencast that you can take a look.

• Cornerstone: Open the page in Cornerstone and click on the settings icon (left panel). Under Page Settings > General > Page Template select the template. Here’s a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. However, the templates are not where you are directing me to.
As I indicated in my original request, I looked in the template manager where you are directing me. I have the starter templates but I do not have the following specific templates:

Default Template
Blank Container, Header, Footer
Blank Container, Header, no footer
Blank Container, No Header, footer
Blank Container, No header, no footer
Blank - No Container, header, footer
Blank - No Container, Header, no footer
Blank - No Container, No header, Footer
Blank - No Container, No Header, No Footer
Layout - Content Left, Sidebar right
Layout Fullwidth
Layout Portfolio
Layout - Sidebar Left, content right

I am looking for these specific templates
I would appreciate your help in finding these specific templates
Thank you
Bill

Hello There,

The starter templates and the template manager refers to the templates created for the Cornerstone and Pro editor. The templates that you are looking for are called page templates. You can check that out in the codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Page_Templates

Page templates in WordPress are pre-created templates that allow you to change the look of a page, page templates do not apply to posts or custom post types. X and Pro come with multiple different page templates allowing you to change the overall layout of any page. To know more about the different page templates, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-page-templates/50

Hope this helps.

I am sorry. I must have mis communicated. Without going back to the details, the bottom line is that I am looking for the page templates that come with X. I have named these templates above. The document you are pointing to is the document that I indicated I had checked but does not give the location of the page templates that I listed and that come with X.

Could you please tell me how to access these templates? i.e. if I wanted to use “the Blank Container, No header, no footer” template, what are the steps I should take i.e. where do I go to get the template?

Thank you
Bill

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the clarifications. To access the built in page templates, you will have to do this:

• Create a new page or edit a page.
  • Add your title and page contents
  • Find the page attributes section and select the “Blank Container, No header, no footer”

This was already presented by Prasant in hisprevious response.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Thank you very much.
This is perfect.
I am sorry, I did not get it by looking at the screen cast from Prasant.

Thank you again for the clarity

Bill

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.