Missing menu bar

Hiya, for some reason the 3 lines in the top right hand corner of the header on my website that open the nav bar on smaller screens has disappeared meaning you can’t use the nav bar.

I have no idea when or how this happened although must be quite recently as I check it fairly regularly on my mobile, can you help please?

Thanks,

Katy

Hello Katy,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions and see if menu bar on mobile is showing up or not:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and website URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Thanks for that.

I don’t use hardly any of the items listed in step. 1 - do I need to activate them or is this irrelevant if I’m not already using them?
I have no idea what CDN is which I hope means that step. 2 is also irrelevant?
I’ve done 3 but that hasn’t fixed it.

Please let me know what to try next…

Thanks,

Katy

Hi @katyzwiers,

You don’t have to, it’s just a recommendation for the active plugins you’re using and they should stay compatible.

The toggles are there, but the icons aren’t loaded. There is no cache and CDN too, would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note?

And please make sure the cornerstone in your other site is updated as well, it still in 2.1.7 version.

Thanks!

Ok, have done that. Thanks!

Katy

Hi Katy,

Upon testing, I have switched to your parent X theme and your mobile menu appeared again.

Which means the issue is related to your child theme customizations. You need to go through your child theme templates to identify the customization related to this issue.

Thanks!

Awesome, went through my customisations and found it, thank you!!

Katy

You’re welcome, Katy.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.