Missing footer - Pro

Hi there,

The footer on our website (running Pro) suddenly disappeared. When I try to edit the footer, I see that the footer is still assigned globally, but is now completely blank. I rebuilt the footer, but when I saved it was still not showing up, and if I go to edit again, the content has once again disappeared.

Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks!
Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for writing, what content do you place on your Main Footer, is there a script on it? Please provide a walk-through on how we can replicate the issue.

In the meantime, I see a couple of errors on your site that causes by a plugin, please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Another thing, I see you have an updated version of Wordpress (5.2.4) but an old version of PRO (2.4.6), please update PRO to the latest version (3.0.4) to make sure that this is not an incompatibility issue.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi,

We have had a lot of issues in the past whenever going through a theme update. We have a pretty complex license system running, and we cannot afford any downtime on this. I might have to just set up a copy somewhere and figure this out. I had really hoped to avoid the extra work though. I will try going through our plugins as you suggest and see if this fixes the issue.

The footer just has text in it. You can see what it’s supposed to look like here:

Hello Sandra,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Before updating the website it’s always advisable to copy the website to a staging server and test the update process over there. In case any issue comes up, same can be looked at without affecting the live website. You can take a look at following resource to learn more:

Please test for plugin conflict and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.