Missing Content after X to Pro Upgrade

I have upgraded a number of sites from X to Pro without issue. However one site has a problem where several of the pages are blank. When edited with Pro they are blank. When I change the theme back to X I see only Cornerstone short codes. Any idea what the issue could be? Here is a page when I roll back to the X theme:

http://sandbox.xalamanalytics.com/research/country-digital-reports/

I have verified that with Pro active, Cornerstone is not and with X active, Cornerstone is active.

Thanks, Mark

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Seems a strange issue, can you please provide us your login details so that we can have a look.
Before that please check this troubleshooting for a possible solution.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Incorrect setup of SSL. If you have an SSL certificate on your site. You should have the WordPress Site URL and Address URL settings set to HTTPS if you are loading the builder via HTTPS. This can be checked via your wp-admin > general > settings. If you aren’t using SSL you can ignore this step.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Thanks

We have verified all these things. I have added the credentials as a secure note. The credentials are to the sandbox site though the issues are on the production site as well its just that the pages are blank with Pro enabled. Thank you.

Hello @cforge,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I think there is some plugin conflict issue. I deactivated all plugins including Cornerstone. After that I activated Pro Theme, both front end and Content builder is loading up perfectly fine. Please see screencast. In that regards I suggest you to test for plugin conflict by deactivating all plugins and reactivating none at a time. Please make sure to deactivate Cornerstone after activating Pro Theme. I have activated all the Plugins but Cornerstone and Pro Theme is active on the website.

Thanks.

You checked pages that were working. When you disable all plugins, the pages where there are issues are still broken. Could you please check this specific page: http://sandbox.xalamanalytics.com/research/country-digital-reports/

Thank you.

Hi @cforge

I recommend updating the theme to the latest stable version 2.1.6 then recheck this issue, you can follow this guide to update the theme:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.