Migration from localhost to Live Site - Layerslide & Convert Plus issues

Hi Guys,

I recently moved my clients website from my own localhost (which was running fine) to its live hosted counterpart for its official unveiling.

However it seems there are two issue which have popped up. The first of which is now if I try to modify and save any existing Layerslide slides I have, they simply hang saying “saving” but never going past that state. I entered in a new one as a test and it worked fine. However I dont want to loose all the work I have put in for the slides that already exist. Is there any recommended fixes for this? Correction it seems that trying to duplicate the slide as a new slide from scratch doesnt work. Saving eventually times out with this error.

The second issue is Convertplus doesnt seem to want to show itself in chrome mobile (whether on an actual mobile or on a desktop) the Modal will appear however the actual form box refuses to show. Mozilla doesnt seem to have an issue with this in mobile so I am at a loss, is it possibly some chrome specific CSS that needs to be implemented?

I appreciate any help you are able to supply as this would help alleviate my clients concerns if they arise.

Hi there,

I can’t fully confirm what is the main cause of the issue but it could be that the migration was not done completely correct.

Have you tried double checking if you’re able to update add the links in the database to the domain of the site?

If you haven’t done it yet, you can use the Better Search Replace plugin to update the URLs of the site but please make sure to keep a backup of the database before making any changes.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade, I dont think I know what exactly to do regarding the Better Search And Replace function. I tried within the Layerslider SQL table to look for localhost and replace with the website url but it didnt find anything.

I did manage to fix it manually by going into the Live SQL database, while having my localhosts corrected database (correct times etc for the slides to show), and copied and pasted the information into the live Database. That fixed the date saving issue, but the issue is still there.

Would that mean that something in the SQL database is faulty? or would it be something within the servers allowance just for the layerslide within the PHP/MYSQL settings?

Hi there,

Both cases can be true. I suggest that you install the WP Server Info plugin and then go to Dashboard > WP Server Info and check the PHP Memory Limit. It should be at least 512 if it does not please Increase the PHP Memory Limit on your server (You may need the help of your hosting service provider on this matter).

Also, check the PHP Execution Time limit. Make sure it is 300 and not 30. Again you need to contact your hosting service provider.

And finally, make sure that the version of the PHP is at least 5.6+ or 7.1. You can find all those information on the WP Server Info screen.

It is also possible that this might be a Database related issue which indeed we can not be of a help, but one thing we can suggest that you do the migration using this method.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Thankyou for the assist, so far almost all points for the PHP settings seem correct, although it seems the PHP Memory Limit is 256. I will see if I can contact the hosting server to see if they can increase this. I will get back to you guys in this thread if this fixes the Layerslide saving issue.

In addition I’m not sure but would you have any recommendations towards the form not properly showing in Chrome on mobile devices in the contact us page? website link here: http://www.bindweld.com

Hi @Matousi,

In regards to the form of your contact page, I have checked your site and it is working well.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot or screencast of the problem.

Thanks.

Hi @nico

No problem at all please see the attached simulating a Galaxy S5 (my GS8 does the same in chrome), you have to somehow tap on the middle area for it to show up even after the Modal popup.

After tapping in the middle of the screen after Modal popup

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your form and the modal? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

@RueNel thankyou, I have attached the details as requested.

Hey @Matousi,

I experience the issue but not exactly as you described. I didn’t have to click for the modal to display (see https://youtu.be/a2kAKwyN-CQ). Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. Try deactivating the Smooth Scroll plugin also to see if it somehow affects the popup.

Thanks.

Regarding the contact form, it seems to have sorted itself out. I am not sure how, maybe it was a caching issue or a global propogation issue that was occuring?

I’m still waiting to hear back from the host regarding the layerslider issue. On that note would completely removing and re-enabling the plugin possibly correct the issue? Or does it sound like its a PHP issue with the memory limit being 256 instead of 512?

Hey @Matousi,

Glad the contact form is working now.

The issue with LayerSlider most probably is an issue with memory but you can try reinstalling the plugin.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.