Menus in headers do not appear in preview

Since a few iterations ago, I’ve not been able to preview a menu in a header. I have to open it publicly to view the layout. I ignored it figuring it was a bug and you were working on it. It’s starting to slow me down on numerous sites. Is this being addressed in a future release?

Hello @ericgreenspan,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am sorry for the problem you are facing. However, I tested all navigation elements on my local setup and it’s working fine. I am suggesting you few solutions, please try them out and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I’m always up to date. All my sites are doing this. I have tried all you have requested. PHP Memory is plentiful. I have a big server with tons of SSD disk and memory and it’s allocated properly. The more interesting fact is they work fine in edit post in Pro but not headers. I’d bet it’s a Themeco bug.

Hi There,

Could you please temporarily turn off the CloudFlare service then provide us with your URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post so we can take closer look?

Thank you.

Sorry, too risky to allow someone else on the site. We have a big event happening. I just wanted to know if you were aware. I’ll figure it out.

Hello There,

We totally understand that. Just so you know, your issue is the first. We did not encounter such issues in each of our staff local testing servers or any other users as well. You are the first one to have this issue. My guess is that this could be just a misconfiguration or a JS error in your site. If you can’t figure out, just set up a staging site and clone your live site to the staging site so that we will only access and trouble in your staging site.

The staging site is very useful because we can check the errors, test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Best Regards.

I’m betting it’s my use of Font Awesome that’s causing the issues.

<i class="fas fa-home fa-fw fa-2x" style="color:#ffffff;"></i> fixed the problem. I had an extra character in the syntax. Oddly, it worked so I didn’t know it was broken, but it only worked in regular view and not in the edit view.

Hello There,

Since this is a custom code using a styling from the 3rd party plugin, it will not be loaded in the preview. It will only display in the live view of the page instead.

Hope this helps.

It’s not custom code. It’s fontawesome 5 that you support. It’s working perfectly too. I feel as if your goal is to address the question rather than solve it. I solved it regardless.

Hey There,

It’s good to know that you have resolve it.

I just want to point out that we do not use "<i class="fas fa-home fa-fw fa-2x" style="color:#ffffff;"></i>". This is not how we display Font Awesome 5 icons in the theme. In our case, we use this code: <i class="x-icon x-icon-home" data-x-icon="&#xf015;" aria-hidden="true"></i> or simply by using this shortcode: [x_icon type=“home”]. For more details, please check this out: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/icons/

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.