Menus erratic link colours

Hello X Support,

For some reason my menus were fine but now seem to have an issue with the menu colours.

They change colours even when the link is not clicked or hovered over

Thanking you in advance for your help

Marcel

To Clarify, some menu items appear white for no reason

Does the menu have the same issue for you on your browsers?

Looking forward to your reply

Hello Marcel,

Thanks for writing in!

I can see that the Shop page menu is in white color. Further inspecting the same looks like some custom CSS might have been added to change the color. Please try out following:

1. Go to Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I am not using pro for this website?

can I still do what you are mentioning?

Just so you are aware the only customization I did was recommended by your colleagues and it was to remove my menu icon from appearing on the mobile menu as it was causing a conflict, which is still required

here is the css they gave me to enter, can it be modified to correct the current issue?

could you please get back to me to advise on next steps

thank you in advance

Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Your homepage is using One Page navigation option. Do you have two sets of menu? You should create two menus. The first menu would be for the primary menu and the second one will be assigned exclusively use for the one page navigation menu. This menu is the one to have #{section-ID} which is needed for one page navigation. For more details on how you can implement one page navigation properly, please check out this codex: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-how-to-setup-one-page-navigation/963

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you, however I’m back to the original problem, all the one page navigation works great but when I go to the shop, I cannot navigate back the menu no longer works which is why your colleague had told me to create a menu with links

please advise

Hello Marcel,

I would recommend that you create two sets of menu. One menu will be used for the primary menu and the other one will be exclusively for the one page navigation menu. In the primary menu, the “Documents” menu item will have to use https://example.com/#documents as the href or url. For one page navigation menu, it will only use #documents so that only the home is active and as soon as you click the Documents menu item, it will make it as the only active menu item.

To know more about one page navigation set up, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-how-to-setup-one-page-navigation/96/1

You may also refer to this related thread:

Hope this helps.

I have trued everything including setting up 2 menus

is it possible for you to have a look, I have been on this for over a day and really need help to resolve this issue

I would really appreciate your assistance

Thank you in advance

Marcel

Hello Marcel,

I have logged in and changed your menu settings. I created another menu named “xactcorpgroup Menu” and I have assigned this menu as your primary and footer menu.

The “xactcorpgroup Menu” menu has https://example.com/#section-ID links and has a link to the shop page. You can compare it with “OnePage Menu SL” menu to spot the difference.

I went to your homepage and edited it as well. I enabled the one page navigation option in the Page Settings and I assigned “OnePage Menu SL” as the exclusive menu for the homepage.

To know more about the Page Settings, please check this out:

Check your site now.

Thank you sooo much, I truly appreciate your help!

With your help now I understand what I was doing wrong.

Be well

Marcel

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.