Menu Items name displays Post ID Number instead of Post Name

Hello!

I have this problem where when I insert an Inline Menu in Cornerstone instead of showing me the Post names (e.g. About, etc.), it displays the post # (e.g. 2058 (no name). In addition, one of the menu items leads me to a different page than what is on the menu. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Hi Tsvetelina,

Thank you for writing in, but sorry I can not replicate this issue on my end, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a Secure note so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime, please make sure that you put a proper Navigation Label to your menu items. And do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,

Hello @tschural,

Thanks for providing the information.

I have logged in and check your menus. Are you referring to the Farm4Cash menu?

You must have been using Posts and Pages incorrectly.

• Posts are entries that display in reverse order on your home page. Posts usually have comments fields beneath them and are included in your site’s RSS feed.
  • Pages are for content that isn’t specifically time-dependent, or which isn’t “blog content”.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Pages
https://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_Posts

Now there is a slug conflict happening in your site. You have a page titled “About” which is using about as the page slug. You also have added a posts entitled “About IPC” but then it is using about as a post slug. When you view this page, it will redirect you to the page instead and not to the posts. To resolve this, you must use unique slug for each posts and pages.

- A slug is a few words that describe a post or a page. Slugs are usually a URL friendly version of the post title (which has been automatically generated by WordPress), but a slug can be anything you like. Slugs are meant to be used with permalinks as they help describe what the content at the URL is.

Hope this helps.

Hello @friech and @RueNel,

Thanks for your help! I was able to resolve both of my issues. I changed the slug name and it works. Also, I noticed that it didn’t matter if I used posts or pages for the menu items. The problem was with the Inline Menu element. I used Buttons (w/ links) instead to take me to other pages. Now, I have no more issues.

Thanks!

You are most welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.