Menu issues and Features

I’m having some issues with my menu.

When you first visit the site, the menu items each show as if they are selected.

Once you scroll down to the first item in the menu, the menu items each look normal, even when you scroll back up to the top of the page.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I am also hoping to make the “Contact Us” menu item appear as a button (with the same size and shape as the rounded with box-shadow buttons on the other portions of the website. I understand that this is easy to do with X Pro, but I found X Pro to be difficult to use and had to downgrade. Is there a way to make this happen with the regular version of X?

I tried using solutions found elsewhere in the Knowledge Base, but couldn’t get them to work.

I’ve added some custom css to make the bottom menu border transparent, but I was also hoping to make this reappear once the user scrolls down the page. Again, I found some solutions for this in the Knowledge Base, but couldn’t get them to work.

Finally, I had installed Slider Revolution, including the Coming Soon and Maintenance Add On, but found that I no longer need them. I now have a problem with making edits to the site. Each time I edit the home page and save it, it switches the page to draft mode (instead of published). I don’t want it to do this, as I’m only making minor changes that I want to be live right away. I’m assuming that this is related to the Slider Revolution Coming Soon Add On, as I haven’t installed this on any other sites using X, nor have I had the same issue. I’ve deactivated the plugins, but am still having the same issues. Do you know how to solve this problem?

The website is allinlawfirm.ca

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi @NoQuarter4U,

• Active menu state problem

I wonder if you followed the instructions here. You need to go to your homepage and enable the One Page Navigation feature as per the link I mentioned.

If you still have the problem of the active menu items please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using a Secure Note.

• Contact Menu Customization

This is customization and outside of our support scope. We will help you to get started with the customization but the follow-up and the fine-tuning of it will be on your shoulders. Please add the CSS below to X > Theme Options > CSS:

#menu-x-demo-menu >li:last-child a span {
    padding: 0.9em 0.85em 0.9em 0.85em;
    border-radius: 2em 2em 2em 2em;
    background-color: rgb(241,82,3);
    box-shadow: 0em 0.15em 0.65em 0em rgba(0,0,0,0.25);
    margin-top: -20px;
    color: white;
}

1- I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFnnxfA70g

2- For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfoY53QXEnI

• Draft Change Issue

This is not a theme related problem and the plugin you mentioned is not the Revolution Slider and it is another one related to the slider which we do not have any control over or support. You can test the case by changing our theme to another one if the problem persists then it is not related to our product.

Hi @NoQuarter4U,

I went over your website and added the Javascript code below to X > Theme Options > JS:

jQuery(function($) {
   $('#menu-home-menu > li').removeClass('current-menu-item');
})

Now the problem that you experienced is gone.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you better support which you deserve. Having a long thread makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.