Menu isn't Working On Mobile After Update

I’m using a Pixel 3 running Android and the menu on my website (www.fluentstream.com) isn’t working after the latest update. Can you help me figure out what’s wrong?

Hello Eli,

Thanks for writing in! Pro 3.1.1 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues, like you have mentioned above, so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches and regenerate the minified JS and CSS files (especially if you are using Autoptimize, WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

I’m running 3.1.2 and I’m still seeing the menu not work. Does it work for you on your mobile device?

Hello Eli,

Thanks for the updates. I have checked your newly updated site and I can confirmed that it is still not working. I have investigated and it is because of the JS error generated on the page:

autoptimize_b45ee8e1218bc947938c60df8607ff2a.js:975 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'mouse' of undefined
    at autoptimize_b45ee8e1218bc947938c60df8607ff2a.js:975
    at autoptimize_b45ee8e1218bc947938c60df8607ff2a.js:981
(anonymous) @ autoptimize_b45ee8e1218bc947938c60df8607ff2a.js:975
(anonymous) @ autoptimize_b45ee8e1218bc947938c60df8607ff2a.js:981
(index):55 Uncaught TypeError: $window.scrollBottom is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):55)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)

This is coming from a minified JS file by Autoptimized. After the updates, did you clear the caches and regenerated the minified JS and CSS files? Please do or at least temporarily disable the Autoptimized plugin so that the new codes from the updates will be loaded in your site and not the old cached files.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thanks for the help. I disabled Autoptimize and the menu works. Unfortunately though, when I re-enabled the plugin, the menu stopped working.

I’ve included admin username / password in the secure note. If you could help me figure this out, I’d vey much appreciate it.

Hey Eli,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I went ahead and turned off the Optimize JavaScript Code option and it fixed the issue. Please clear your browser’s cache and test the menu now. When JS optimization option is turned on, Autoptimize tries to minify the theme JS files as well, since those files are already minified so there is no need for minifying it again.

Cheers!

That worked. Thanks so much for the help!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.