Menu Color Issue

Hi did have the “book a lesson” tap on my menu encased in a green box to highlight it. Today it’s gone? any ideas?

danfordgolfinstruction.com

Hello Jared,

Thanks for writing in! You maybe experiencing just some caching issues. I can see that you have installed a caching plugin WP Fastest Cache, please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins should be cleared and regenerated once in a while.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, cleared all that I could and same result

Hello Jared,

Where did you added your custom css to display a green box to highlight the menu item? If you have switch stacks, then that could be the cause of your issue. ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

I had my menu just randomly delete itself today and that’s when the original look that I had was gone. The strange thing is that a lot of the css is still there and working?

Hi Jared,

I checked and can see the css code is still there

Though your code will not alkways work as you are using the generated class and it changes when you add or delete a menu item.

The proper way is to add a unique class to your menu item.

After you added the class, change your css code to this

li.book-lesson> a {
    padding-top: 38px;
}
li.book-lesson> a:hover > span {
    box-shadow: none;
}
li.book-lesson> a > span {
    background-color: #7CFC00;
    padding: 8px 10px;
    border-radius: 4px;
}

Hope that helps

Worked great. When I scroll my menu bar goes slightly white which i like. how can i get it to be like that before you scroll. Just want it to be a little easier for people to see the links? thanks

www.danfordgolfinstruction.com

Hello Jared,

You can update your code from this:

.home .x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top {
    background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7);
}

Into using this code instead:

.home .x-navbar,
.home .x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top {
    background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7);
}

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.