Menu button on mobile not working with Cornerstone version 3.0.4 - multiple reports

Hi there - wanted to notify you that the menu button on mobile where it should drop down your menu headers when you click on it is not working on mobile since the 3.0.4 update. Multiple people have reported this in the Facebook X Theme support group - can someone please fix that?

ONe of the develpers reverted his client back to an earlier version of Cornerstone and it fixed the problem - I don’t know how to revert my site back to an earlier version so I’m stuck with a website that isn’t working on mobile right now - (if I click on open desktop version, all of my menu tabs work fine since they look like they do on desktop) it’s just the mobile button - the one with the multiple stacked horizontal lines, that isn’t working right now.

my website is catalyticColor.com

so you can see for yourself - thank you for fixing this bug as soon as possible (or please let me know how to revert my site back to the earlier version of cornerstone - thank you!

Hi @leannevenier,

Thanks for writing in.

You have an updated cornerstone however your X theme is outdated.

Update your X theme to the latest version.

Version guide:

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ok, I’m trying to figure out how to set X theme so it updates automatically. I don’t have any option for that - and when I go into my wordpress back end, it does show that X is an earlier version than the one available, but there’s no button to update the X theme - the only thing that shows up in my updates is my plugins including Cornerstone.

I read through the article you posted, but there’s no guide as to how to update X from within wordpress - just that I have to download a zip file and install it manually - is there some way that I can just click on a button and have it update from within wordpress?

I’m not a develper so my level of knowledge with programming is minimal (hence my choosing X theme to build my website :slight_smile: )

If you can let me know where I can set X to do automatic updates or to inform me when there’s a new version, that would be great - thank you for your help!! :slight_smile:

To clarify further - in your article it says this, that X as well as Cornerstone as well as all the components and plugins within Cornerstone will notify me when there are updates available - this IS the case with Cornerstone and the other [pluging within X, but the X theme itself does not show up in my list anywhere and when I click on X in the left hand column in the wordpress dashboard, there are no options to update the theme. So that’s what’s missing on my end.

Is there something I’m not seeing - it should just allow me to click on a button like UPDATE X THeme NOW, right? But that’s what I can’t find. Thanks for your help!

I went to the product validation page to make sure that my website is in fact validated (which it has been for ages, and Cornerstone would not allow me to update automatically if my website were not validated) and sure enough, my website IS already validated:

Manage your licenses.
Purchase License

Register License
Get Hosting
PRODUCT LICENSE SITES NOTES
Go Pro: Free
ThemeForest ( Purchased: Sep 25, 2015 )
8efc*******************************10778
Production

Edit
Staging
Edit

Click to add a note
Save Note

Ok, I just tried something - my url didn’t have the httpS so I added that (and by the way, the hyperlilnk for your production site has an https: but when going to that site, it says the site isn’t a secure site, so i had to delete the S from the http to be able to visit that url)

https://community.theme.co/kb/product-validation/ (this is the site that you have to delete the S for it to redirect to the secure site)

On this page, it’s promtping me to convert X to PRO - I have no idea what PRO is and it says once yo’uve converted your license you can’t convert it back. Is taht something I have to do?? There’s no link to explain what exactcly PRO is and how my site will be affected by converting to PRO. Can you please clarify - thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi,

No need to do that if you wouldn’t like to.

PRO is like X but with additional features like Header and Footer builder.

Thanks

Thank you! And i figured out how to update my X theme, too! (the new wordpress layout hides the upper update button undera dropdown so you have to click on the word Dashboard for the upper Updates option to appear. The Plugins updater is still where it’s always been lower down on the left side menu bar, but the upper master updates button is now hidden behind a dropdown. Will remember to manually check it periodically! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.