Menu behaving strangly

I have a one page menu setup, exactly like a lot of my other pages, yet, on this page:

Its not working correctly. The hovers stay on over home, and about, then dont show on who we are…

This is how I have it set up:

Hi logoglo,

I actually see it working with no problem:

Please go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button. And then clear your browser cache or check the website with another browser or machine.

Thank you.

Have you noticed the home hover is stuck on?

Hi again,

Sorry for the confusion, it’s just a one page navigation setup issue, please follow this thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-remove-double-menu-highlighting-when-using-one-page-navigation-with-anchor-link/33489/5 to fix the problem.

Cheers!

I have it setup like all my other pages, so primary and one page…still not working.

Hi @logoglo,

Are you referring to the active status of the home menu item? It’s only normal since you didn’t add a #hash on it, which means, it matches all elements that has no ID, hence, it’s active. The active statuses are based on matching hashes and element’s ID. Try adding a non-existing ID as hash in your home page menu item and it will not stay active.

Thanks!

I dont understand, I need to add a # to the home address for the HOME menu item?

Hi,

Yes, try adding the #top ID to your home menu item.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

It worked, kind of, but now the HOME hover doesnt work, the bar isnt showing when you are on the home page.

Hi,

Please remove #top in your home menu then add this in Theme Options > JS

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    var hash = location.hash.replace('#','');  
    if(hash != ''){      
        $(".menu-item-73 a").css("box-shadow","none").css("color","#999999");
     }else {
        $(".menu-item-73 a").css("box-shadow","inset 0 4px 0 0 rgb(88,199,201)").css("color","rgb(88,199,201)");            
     }
});

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.