Menu Bar formatting off after update?

I recently made the update to X and now my top nav/menu bar formatting is completely off. Help!

HI @kellihriv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site (see the secure note) and I see you’re using an outdated version of X and Cornerstone. Please update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions to avoid conflicts and potential errors. You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how this goes!

I updated the theme as well as Cornerstone, and although the nav bar is back to normal, most of my images have disappeared and from numerous pages in addition to the color/formatting being distorted.

I cleared the caches as well. This is a huge problem!

Hello @kellihriv,

I have checked your site and I am seeing this:

I did not encounter any issues on my end. Even if you already cleared your plugin caches, you must clear your browser caches as well. If possible, after the updates, you will have to use private browsing mode before testing your site.

The slider is working on the homepage, however if you go to the other pages (About, Find Talent, Contact), you will see the the media and backgrounds are completely off.

Hello @kellihriv,

Thank you for the clarifications.
To resolve this, please go to WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings and enable the “Legacy X Integration” option.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Resolved, thank you so much!

Moving forward, do I want to use WPBakery to make changes to the site?

Hey @kellihriv,

If you can, I’d recommend the builder that our own developer has made and that is Cornerstone. Our support for WPBakery Page Builder is also only limited to the X Integrated Elements so there isn’t much flexibility unlike when you use Cornerstone which has more elements.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

If I built the website using WPBakery (Visual Composer), can I go in and use Cornerstone now? The page froze on me when I tried to do so.

Hey @christian_y,

Visual Composer content is not convertible to Cornerstone. You will need to rebuild your pages. You can test out Cornerstone for new pages to see what works best for you.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.