Menu Arrows are gone - only see boxes - same with Accordion Arrows

Hi X-Team,

my Menu arrows are missing - I only see boxes. (https://ihrkonzept.de/) Same with the Accordion Arrows.

I worked on a Syndication-Conflict and did not make any updates or CSS changes.

I deactivated the caching plugin (W3 Total Cache) and other Plugins (Autoptimize), emptied the catches, tried some turnarounds that are written in the forum - nothing worked.

I have no Idea where else to look at.

Thanks for your help,
Elke

Hi Elke,

Thanks for writing in! Upon testing, I see the following error in your console log.

downloadable font: download failed (font-family: "FontAwesome" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:1): status=2147746065 source: /wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0

Could you please try re-installing your X theme and Cornerstone plugin and see if that resolves your issue. First make sure to purge your server cache and disable your caching plugins. Also disable and delete your Cornerstone plugin from your WP plugins section. Then download the latest X theme from your Envato account and then re-install X theme by following the instructions below.

Manual X Update via the WordPress Dashboard

1. Visit Appearance > Themes in your WordPress dashboard.
  2. Temporarily switch to one of the WordPress default themes.
  3. Delete your current X theme. Your settings and content will be safe, since they are stored in the database, not the theme files.
  4. Use Add New, then Upload Theme to reinstall X from the x.zip file.
  5. Once the X theme is installed, it will automatically install the Cornerstone plugin as well.

Once you have installed both X theme and Cornerstone plugin, try re-testing your site again.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

Hi mldarshana,

with your recommendation I tried the short run which was the solution -> I just Re-Uploaded the folder from my Backup -> x -> framework -> fonts -> “font_awesome”

That fixed the menu-arrow / accordion-icon -issue!!!

But now I saw, that also the Social Icons are missing too - in which folder are the Social Icons?

Thanks for your help,
Elke

Hi Elke,

It should be the same files, but probably with different naming. Hence, the permanent fix is by deleting and purging all possible caches to make sure it loads the correct font files (without uploading) with the proper icon code naming.

Please try disabling all your optimizations for now and test it again, I still see them active.

The new version uses different font path and names, but your site still call and load from the old path due to cache.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.