MEC Update?

Hi
I have the Modern Events Calendar module/plugin active within my live install of PRO and the updates inform me that an update is available but each time I ask it to process the update it fails telling me its not available. I have version 2.2.6 running but now apparently the upgrade is on version 2.4.0
Also, this particular site is running in Polish and there are spelling mistakes within the MEC text which fall outside of the labels which we can change in settings. I was hoping that maybe the update corrects these spelling issues, but if not is there a way of amending these elsewhere?
Many thanks

Hey @spikey1,

The latest version bundled MEC versions is 2.2.6. Though there is an update notification, it is not available yet. Please see the details regarding the bundled MEC plugin at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-modern-event-calendar/10218

Thanks.

Hi Christian

Many thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Ok, understood regards the update…I’ll wait!

Do you have any idea how I can access the core to amend spelling errors at all?

Many thanks
Mark

Can you give us a screenshots of that issue and how to replicate it? We could not promise an immediate fix though but we’ll post it to our issue tracker so it will be taken into account once our development team they go through the list of reports.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y

Thanks again for the reply.
Sure screen shot attached - you will see that the spelling which has been flagged by many people visiting the site now should be spelt "NASTĘPNE”, not "następny”. The site is using the countdown view for the homepage to the next concert with a link to a separate page displaying all dates. I know in settings you have the ability to edit some labels/buttons but this spelling error is part of the core I expect? If you’re able to help rectify it I would be grateful because the complaints being received about the spelling is unbelievable!

Best, Mark

Hi there,

I checked with the translation and both word translates to NEXT, but I’m not sure about that. And yes, MEC has pre-included language files when installed and you can edit them for correction under \wp-content\plugins\modern-events-calendar\languages folder. And you may use any PO Editor, and edit the file mec-pl_PL.po

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.