MEC Plugin - styling plus errors

Hello,

Currently if I want to add a link to another page for an organizer, and have it display on the single event page - there is no way to nominate the text for link, only for the url - which it then uses as the text. It is really ugly - and I would love to be able to have it say “More Information” or “View Bio” …

Is this possible at all?

See screenshot attached…

Also, the category link on the single event page does not work, it just refreshes to the same page. Is this a known bug at all?

Thanks,

Hey @SophiePeirce,

Regretfully, the link will display the URL because it is meant to display the URL of the website’s home page. Custom development is required to change that which is outside the scope of our support.

Regarding the category, would you mind providing the actual URL of the page and a screenshot of the link so we could test it?

Thanks.

Hi Christain,

Ok thanks -

I will add access details in private reply as the site is private on flywheel right now.

Another question:
I am wanting to add some custom fields to the MEC single page sidebar - yet I cannot work which template the sidebar is using? I know this is custom development - but I am finding it tricky to know where I will need to add the custom fields into which template?

Thanks,
Sophie

Hi there,

Regarding the Custom Field Type, I suggest that you use the Advanced Custom Fields Pro plugin which is already available as a bundled extension in our theme.

Using that plugin you can easily add a custom field to any Custom Post type you want including the event calendar and you do not need to delve into the code so much.

I am not sure regarding the MEC Category link issue that you mentioned. I wonder if you are using the latest version of the MEC available? You can test that by going to plugins menu and see if there is any message regarding the update for the event plugin, if yes kindly update it.

If you still experiencing the issue please kindly get back to us with detailed information on how you added the category to the sidebar and login information in a Secure Note to follow up.

Thank you.

Hello - thanks for your reply.

I checked again and yes i am using the most up to date plugin…

and as for custom fields, yes I have set one up us ACF Pro and connected it to events posts - however Id like to be able to display the field on the front end in the single events page sidebar - and cant find a simple way to add that option…

Thanks,
Sophie

Hi there,

You will need to copy the file below:

wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar/templates/single-mec-events.php

to your child theme:

wp-content/x/single-mec-events.php

Regarding the link issue, I wonder how you set things up to show that in the sidebar to follow up? kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.