MEC plugin issues - Shortcodes not working

Hi there,

I’m currently having an issue with MEC plugin, the page that has the shortcode either:

• just keeps loading forever and never opening or showing anything (That’s when toggling the “Include Expired Events” in the shortcode settings)

Or…

• loading with the message “no events found” (That’s when toggling the “Show Only Ongoing Events” in the shortcode settings)

I tried deactivating all other plugins to see if there’s any conflict but no! didn’t solve the issue!

BTW, changing the skin / style of the calendar didn’t change anything.

Thank you.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and investigate the issue?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Meanwhile, this issue could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Added the secure note!

Hello There,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. It seems that the [MEC id="434"] is causing a fatal error on the page. Could your please enable the debug mode so that we can find out what this fatal error all about? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When we revisit the page, we should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

So I’ve just enabled WP_DEBUG, I’m not sure where to check for errors!
Btw, It’s not just the page with the shorcode, the categories pages aren’t loading as well!!

Hi @maaz,

Errors should be visible from the pages where the issues are present. Example, in your event single page, I see this

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/******/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 570

This means it’s a memory limit issue, BUT, that’s 800mb which is abnormal, it shouldn’t use that much of memory.

Upon more checking, I can confirm in the event page that you added an event shortcode [MEC id="434"]. You shouldn’t do that because that’s already an event page and it creates a loop. Shortcodes are only recommended to the non-event pages. Please remove those shortcodes.

Thanks!

Hi Rad, thanks for the reply!

I’m not sure why it’s using that much memory either!!!

The shortcode was placed on an empty page that’s not being used by the plugin for test purpose yet the issue still there! The categories pages aren’t loading as well and these are still set to the plugin’s defaults.

I’m not sure if you read my first post fully as I’ve mentioned that toggling the shortcode’s settings did change the way it loads, although the page loaded after setting “Show ongoing events only” but I got the message “no events found” - I do have published ongoing events yet they’re not showing!!

Thank you! Your efforts are very appreciated.

Hi @maaz,

I did some toggling too and still the same. May I know what specific setting you’re toggling other than Show Only Ongoing Events?

I do confirm that this happens on an empty page as well.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I actually tried changing all of the settings one by one to see if one of them is causing the problem… However, only when toggling the “Include expired events” the issue occurs! By toggling that off the even the category pages load!! I’m not sure what that shorcode has to do with it either.

Thank you.

Hi @maaz,

It still the same on my end, toggling that off too doesn’t fix it. Could you try re-installing your MEC plugin? But make sure to back up your site first.

And if you can try it on another host environment for testing, then it would be better so we could compare the setup. This sounds like memory leakage as it happens all around. But I’m not really sure about that.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.