MEC plugin issue... map and social sharing not displaying on single events page

Hi there, I’m having difficulty in getting the MEC plugin to work correctly. Currently for an MEC Single Event the map and social sharing icons will only show on the page if Modern style option is selected. But if I use the default style those elements disapear… Hoping someone might be able to help us out on this.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Please make sure that you are using the version 2.6.3 of the M.E.C. If not please kindly go to Plugins menu and update the plugin to that version. Also, I checked the case on my local installation and the Map shows in the single event no matter if you choose modern of default style in M.E. Calendar > Settings.

But I see that map shows like this:

That is because the Google Map requires you to add your API Key. So please obtain your Google Map API Key and go to M.E. Calendar > Settings and add it to the API Key option of the Map:

If you are experiencing the problem yet, please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems, please add a sample event and give us the name of the event and kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply, I have already added the API already and I do have the map rendering on the Modern’ style just not the default… also the social media sharing i dont think is linked to the API

Cheers

Hi there,

In that case, we may need to check it directly. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

Hi there,

You did not answer my questions and did not gave the result of the tests I asked you to do. Please read my previous reply and get back to us with the detailed information requested to be able of a help. The login information you gave us is not enough as we do not have access to plugins or appearance menu, you need to give us the admin privileges.

I double checked the case n my local installation and 2 other installations and the map is showing, so it must be a setting or something related to your environment.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Hi Chris thanks for your reply,
The situation seems to have escalated now as cornerstone previewer will not load on any page where MEC data is present… I have followed your guidelines above and found that only deactivating mec will solve the cornerstone previewer issue. The map issue still persists. I have created sample-event-1 on the site. and ammended login for you as requested

(Should i create a seperate thread for the cornerstone issue? )
One thing i did notice with the previewer not loading is that all of cornerstone sections are still accessible and editable, i just cant see a preview.

here is a screenshot of the console info

The site should have gone live yesterday but these issues are creating a major delay. I’m not a developer, i just have some very basic knowledge of this stuff.

Thanks again… a very stressed out customer

Hey @Fluid4,

I checked Cornerstone and it’s loading fine.

I see the map isn’t displaying when you use the default single event style and is working using the modern style. There’s no error generated in the console so it looks like the problem most probably is within the template files. Please try uninstalling MEC then install it again via X > Validation. If this doesn’t help, please give us FTP access also.

Thanks.

Hey thanks for that,
I’m not sure why that page loads (did you check any other page with mec on it?) although i had an mec module in the widgets area that affected many pages loading so i removed it. So the main page that has issues is the Programme page (i’ve had to roll it back to a point where i used just the wordpress editor) Ive created a second similar page called full-programme which definitely still has the previewer issues as mentioned above. Will uninstalling mec causee me to lose all the events entered sofar there are so many it would be a shame to lose all that data/hard work?

Hey @Fluid4,

Thanks for the credentials. Your config seems to look good except of the security salts.

I updated it and still the issue persists.

Uninstalling won’t delete the data. But, it would be best if you backup your site export your events. Please go to M.E. Calendar > Import / Export then please try the re-installation method.

Thanks.

Thanks for your assistance, have never even heard of security salts berore… not sure what they are or what i should do about them. However I have managed to narrow down some of the error.

a) it turns out that the problem was with that particular mec shortcode… changing it to a different one seemed to allow the page to preview properly.
b) I created a new shortcode with identical settings to the culprit and voila… it works fine again.

So being able to edit the content despite previewer not working helped, but using the layout tab only gives access to the rows… the skeleton viewer was the hero for drilling down into the actual elements… allowing me to remove/edit as necessary.

Sadly map issue is still unresolved and i’m not willing to un-install and re-install just for that. I’ll work without maps enabled. Clearly there is still an mec issue apart from map not rendering, also social media module, cost module went AWOL too.

Once again thanks for assistance… may be back at some point.

Hi @Fluid4

I’ve checked your website and I can see you added “MEC Single Sidebar Items” widget in “MEC Single” sidebar, this can’t be done, it will break the sidebar, please remove this widget from that sidebar and you will get all the modules appearing just fine in the default view.

Thanks.

1 Like

You sir are awesome, thanks very much! Perfect!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.