MEC Not allowing me to add event

Hi. I have just gone onto my website to edit and add some events - I can edit OK, but when I try and add an event, I am being thrown out of WordPress.

Have just done an MEC update.

Can you help on this please?

Tks
A

Hi @Aph100,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This usually happens If you are accessing from a URL that does not match the one in your WordPress settings. Go to Settings > General and make sure WordPress Address and Site Address fields have the same URL Please see https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-wordpress-keeps-logging-out-problem/

If this doesn’t help then please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details. Make sure you’re using the compatible version of Modern Events Calendar. The Latest Supported Version is: 3.2.0

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi and thanks for your help

I have gone through the list and it seems that for some reason I am using MEC version 3.3.0. This was updated this morning automatically. I am puzzled as to how I have been able to update to 3.3.30 if the latest supported version is 3.2.0

I am able to edit existing events but simply not create one.

I am assuming that I therefore need to downgrade, is this possible please?

Thanks

Hi Alex,

In that case, first you need to backup your events by head over to M.E. Calendar -> Import/Export -> Export tab. Click on the XML link to get save the file as XML.

Then you can delete your Modern Events Calendar plugin from your WordPress plugins section and then head over to X -> Validation section and install it again. This will install the correct version (v3.2.0).

Once you installed the correct version and if you don’t see your events (usually your events should be remain), you can re-import them through M.E. Calendar -> Import/Export -> Import tab using that XML file you saved.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for this. As suggested, I reverted to 3.2.0 MEC but the problem still remained. I then switched off all plugins and the problem went away. In turning the plugins on 1 by 1, the problem related to Gutenberg 4.5.0. Deactivate it, and no problems, Activate it, problem returned. However I have just seen a further update 4.5.1 and that does seem to have cured the problem.

Again, thanks for your help

Alex

Hi again,

Thank you for sharing the solution with us. We’re glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.