MEC does weird things with the page

Hi!

After updating to ver. 4.1.0 is there an issue with MEC.

In edit page mode, the page looks ok.

But in normal view only the first section is showing.

There are no errors in the Google Console view

This is happening on all the pages showing the MEC.
This is CRITICAL and needs to be fixed right away.

Cheers

Hey Carsten,

We currently don’t have any reports regarding MEC. May we have access to your WordPress Admin and the URL of the page with issue so we could check your setup and so we could replicate it in our test site to know if this is a bug? Please send the credentials in a Secure Note.

Also, please ensure everything is up to date according to our Version Compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

May we also know if you’ve tried testing for a plugin conflict? It is possible that a third-party plugin is causing the issue. In case you don’t know the procedure, you can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

I’ve already made a secure note with access på the site.
I’ve tried to disable all the plugins, and still the same issue.
All plugins are up to date, except the those ThemeCo hasn’t released yet.

This has happened on several of my sites.

Btw the same issue is posted 11 hrs ago. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/when-activated-mec-cuts-off-rest-of-page/57782

Cheers

Lots of empty style tacks…

Hey Carsten,

I’m sorry I missed the report. I’ll add your case to Rad’s report. I believe this should be fixed on MEC’s side. Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

I hope that you realize that it’s a critical issue.
The whole site is down because of that.

Maybe you should skip delaying the third party plugins, and just roll new versions out.
Ver. 4.2.0 is ready from the dev. and it’s been there for about a week now.

Hi @rbitfoto,

Our developer team is still working on it.

Stay tuned.

Hi!

Any news?
It’s been a week now …

Is it possible to downgrade the plugin?

Cheers

Hey Carsten,

We’re sorry but there is no update available yet. We also don’t have the means for downgrade. You can only do that if you have a website backup.

Thank you for understanding.

Sorry but that’s not good enough.
Webnaus (the dev) has released two versions since ver. 4.1.0.
They are at ver. 4.2.2 now, but you (Themeco) has not released it so we can update it yet.

Sorry about this … but it’s not the first time slow updates from your side, is causing sites to not work properly.

I hope that this gets resolved VERY soon.

Have a nice day.

Hey Carsten,

We understand your frustration. I’m sure that the team members responsible for releasing third-party plugin updates are check for compatibility issues with our theme. This might not be many things being tested. Please stay tuned.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to remind that it’s best that you test updates first in a staging site to protect your live site from breaking changes.

Thanks and have a nice day too.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.