MEC Calendar: "No event found!"

Hello,

I maintain a website built with Themeco Pro and using MEC Calendar. I confess that I didn’t build the site, but add content and take care of minor troubleshooting.

I recently updated MEC Calendar and started receiving a “No event found!” error. I visited the Webnus forum for help (still waiting for a reply from their support), but worked through their help content. After different unsuccessful attempts to fix the problem, most threads pointed towards Themeco support :slight_smile:

Here’s the page that normally displays a list of events: http://www.aadurham.org/calendar/

Any help you can provide would be highly appreciated…

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Hi Brent,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked but unfortunately, I can’t find any information from the front about the issue. Would you mind providing the admin login credentials in the secure note?

I like to see the backend, but I haven’t seen similar issues before.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @npeaker,

No events is displayed because they were already past events.

In your event shortcode, you have selected a Location which is “St. Joseph the Worker Parish”.
Please edit your event shortcode and change or add more locations.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I’m not sure I follow. I have a number of events that are upcoming, and a variety of locations.

Are you saying I should remove the “St. Joseph the Worker Parish” from my list of locations?

Thanks!

Hello Brents,

I am referring to this shortcode:

Select more locations that may have upcoming events because the selected St Joseph the Worker Parish no longer have any upcoming events.

Hope this helps.

Okay, I just tried that… I selected ALL available locations and it made no difference.

Hi Brents,

It seems you’re working on your site, I was checking then kicked out off your site. Please let us know once it’s ready to check again.

Thanks!

Hello all,

We managed to get things working again by reverting to a backup from before the most recent update to MEC.

I won’t update until I’m sure it’s working.

Thank you for all your help, just the same.

Brent

Still, I’m not sure what’s the conflict between the new update and your current setup, I can’t reproduce it on my installation. But I’m glad it’s working now, and you’re most welcome :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.