MEC Bug w/Pro

Not sure who to report this to…

In Modern Event Calendar, when using the Full Listing shortcode on an otherwise empty page in Pro, if the search field is turned off (right sidebar is where the setting is) the Pro footer suddenly becomes a 2nd column in the event listing. Their search box or container must share a class with something in your footer maybe?

Hello @co50,

Thanks for writing in!

We do not modify the MEC shortcodes or the MEC output. What you have experienced could be a bug in the MEC output which messed up the footer. Can you please share the url of the page where we can see the broken footer?

Meanwhile, you can make use of this hack:

[MEC shortcode]</div>

and see if this will work. Otherwise, please let us check the page and figure out the cause of the messed up footer.

Regards.

The div hack works, but causes the heading of the Event table to be off center.

Bottom line is I only mentioned it because you promote this extension and test compatibility so I wasn’t sure if this was just MEC’s bad coding or a conflict with Pro. No need to see the page on our end (I can’t leave it, it’s a live site) but you can replicate this. Literally the only thing on the page is the MEC Full Calendar shortcode, with the search box and all the optional views turned off in the Edit Shortcode section of the M.E. Calendar admin page.

Hi @co50,

We need to gather more information before we submit it as a bug. I tried the setup you said on my test site and it is working for me. I am using the latest compatible version 4.8.5 .See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqleirUH1U

We might need to see your setup. Please share credentials and the set the page with this issue as draft so we can investigate further. Thank you.

I’m just reporting it. We’ve found a workaround so I can’t really invest time to help you fix this. It’s busy season, sorry. :frowning:

Best I can do is send you a screenshot of bug and then URL of same page with the workaround in place.

Hey @co50,

We understand. If you have time, you can copy your live site to a staging site so we could investigate without disturbing the operation of your live site.

Right now, we can’t report this because Lely has not replicated the problem. Moreover, you’re using HTML minification which is known to cause layout problems.

To know if the root cause is our theme or a bug in MEC, we need to remove all third-party factors including optimizations and customizations first then we need to check your setup.

Once your staging site is up, just give us WordPress Admin access and we’ll investigate. If a bug is found in our theme or MEC, we’ll report it.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.