MEC and WooCommerce Square

I have MEC setup with payments through WooCommerce. We are using Square as the payment processor. Everything works fine with normal product purchases, however, with MEC tickets it does not work, because it does not ask the customer for their billing address, which is required by square. It seems MEC removes these fields during checkout.

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make sure that you have integrated MEC with WooCommerce plugin correctly.
You may check out this documentation:

If nothing is helping, please provide us your site access in a secure note in your next reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Yes I have integrated all properly. It takes to checkout page and asks for payment.

Hi Nathan,

I’ve switched to Twenty Nineteen theme but the checkout page doesn’t show the billing address as well: https://ourlittlejewelryboutique.staging.wpmudev.host/checkout/order-pay/909/?pay_for_order=true&key=wc_order_ltb2FJxfyY445

In this case, you should contact to Webnus team to help you with this(maybe a feature request):

https://webnus.ticksy.com/submit/#100004962

Regards!

I do not think they provide support for plugins bundled with themes.

Hi Nathan,

I checked and it’s only limited to this option, and there is no Square.

And if you use pay by Woocommerce, then it’s Woocommerce that handles the billing. I tested it and confirmed it, the only integration with Woocommerce and MEC is it adds it to cart, then the rest should be handled by Woocommerce. Perhaps the issue is integration with Square and Woocommerce?

Thanks!

No because, as I said in my original post, Square works perfectly fine when purchasing products and shows all billing and shipping address fields. When adding MEC event, only Square payment processor shows, but no billing or shipping address fields.

Hi Nathan,

I’m not sure what you mean by No, but it’s only limited to those payment options for MEC.

But if you’re referring to Woocommerce’s Square as payment option then yes, it’s alone is an issue with Woocommerce and Square since other Woocommerce payment method works with MEC, and the billing alone is handled by Woocommerce and not MEC. I just tested it, to make the explanation simple, user register on site and fill up the billings or shipping to be used for the purchase. Hence, Woocommerce handles it all. And with MEC, it only forwarded the payment to Woocommerce but the user record like billing will still be the same as saved on Woocommerce’s user data. That’s why there are no billing forms within MEC.

To put it simply, Woocommerce fails to send billing information to square and billing records are something MEC can’t be controlled. The fix would be forcing Woocommerce to send billing regardless of forwarded purchase to it. I did some research about Square and it happens anywhere and not just on Woocommerce or MEC.

I’ll continue checking but I can’t promise any solution, but it’s best to contact Woocommerce and Square for this issue as well. You can check this too https://webnus.ticksy.com/ticket/1412296/

Thanks!

I want someone else higher up then you to take over this forum. You clearly do not know what you are doing.

Hi Nathan,

Sure, I forwarded this thread for further checking.

Thanks!

MEC confirmed the issue I am having. I am still waiting for the day that the support team at ThemeCo provides actual real support. Nothing but disappointment. I have many unresolved tickets that I have to figure out for myself. Why should I keep buying this product?

Even when I search forums for answer I look for, 85% of tickets are all unresolved or no real support is provided.

Hi Nathan,

In that case, please discuss the other issues on your other threads and we’ll be more happy to help. My answer is also based on the provided information by MEC author itself, which I have provided the ticket URL from them. I also based that on the coding as far I understand. But glad they acknowledged it as a bug, and even if we can verify it we have no capability of fixing it. All we could do is gather information and forward it.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.