MEC and Woocommerce produces bad gateway

Hello. I am setting up a site for my client, using MEC and Pay by Woocommerce. I had no issues before the recent Woocommerce versions.

It seems when someone tries to purchase an event ticket, after clicking the ‘Checkout’ link, they get a 502 bad gateway.

Looking at my PHP logs, I see this error:
The WC_Order::add_fee function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with a new WC_Order_Item_Fee object and add to order with WC_Order::add_item().

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out.

It could be incompatibility issue between the two, though, I’m not sure how to reproduce it. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note? I like to gather information first and to confirm it then I can forward or add this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

So it turns out it is not MEC. My host was also investigating and found that everything works fine when Pro is deactivated. I am having the same issue as in this thread:

The thing is, I already have the page set up using the Pro builder. Using the V2 content area and Classic Raw Element.

Hello Nathan,

Did you already resolved the issue? When I checked your site and registered for an event, I could not replicate the 502 gateway error. I am redirected to the check out page with no issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

I did not, I reverted to the original Woocommerce page. I still would like to use the page builder.

Hello Nathan,

Editing a WooCommerce page like the checkout will result to an error. There is a conflict between the checkout page and the Pro editor. We’ve already informed our developers to make them aware of this issue.

Regards.

I think my confusion is that it was working fine, and suddenly it was not working fine. All my other client sites are working fine as well, and I edit the checkout page in Pro editor on all of them.

Hey Nathan,

In the previous version, in may have work when adding the shortcode inside Pro editor. In this latest release, it is no longer working. It could be a conflict between the latest WooCommerce and the latest Pro theme. We will informed our developer about this issue so that they can investigate further.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.